Chapter Thirty-Eight

The cold breeze of the air made me frozen. The game continued, Nolan asked Ben about a topic I wasn't familiar with so I just watched. Good thing, he didn't have to take a shot since the lie detector said that his answer wasn't a lie by beeping with a green light. "Jade" Shawn, from my side, called me once again. "I have another question" this prideful girl didn't want to be a killjoy so I let him ask me one more time.

"If you are going to choose one, would it be your current boyfriend or your past boyfriend?" I rolled my eyes.

"My current boyfriend is my first ever boyfriend" Nola knew I was talking about Dylan. That's why he looked at both of us.

"Okay then. Someone you secretly loved before or your current boyfriend?" Nolan slightly smiled after hearing Shawn say those words.

"It would always be my current boyfriend" I confidently said. But the lie detector beeped with a red light. My eyes widened, my jaw dropped. As well as Nolan's. He looked at me with wide eyes like he was asking me what he just heard from the lie detector. He's one of Dylan's closest friend, I hope he would keep his mouth shut about this crap.

Shawn grabbed the shot glass in front of him as he gave it to me. Another shot, another disgusting taste. I closed my eyes as I swallowed it. "That detector is lying," I said with a sour face but then it beeped again with a red light. It truly is lying.

Once I was ready again, I faced Shawn and held a question high up to him. "My turn..." I spoke, "would you try to be someone else just to make someone from your past love you again?" The smile on his face quickly vanished while he froze and thought for a moment.

Now, this is what heck feels like.

"Definitely not" the lie detector was there to the rescue. It quickly beeped with a red light. "Shot," I said after it beeped. Without hesitating, he grabbed a shot glass and drank again professionally. Is he tasteless or he's just an alcoholic? But whatever it is, it feels like he can't taste the alcohol. He drinks it like water. "I have another question" Shawn spoke from my side again.

"Are you a question machine or something?" Not funny but Nola and Ben laughed. He raised his shoulders. I sighed and let him ask. "I'll let you ask me a question after this" I shook my head without a single choice, "fine"

He smiled gracefully. "This is just an example so don't be mad..." he sighed "if I tell you I love you, would you love me back? Would you also tell me that you love me?" Example huh? How can that be an example when you use yourself. He can just use Nolan or Ben. But no, I don't like any of them.

"What kind of question is that?" He didn't answer and just looked at me seriously, I gulped when I realized that he was serious.

I decided to be serious too. "No, who are you to be loved by me? I don't even know you. And I don't love a single thing about how you look like-" before I even finished talking, the lie detector beeped again with a red light. "What? I'm so done with this" I said in frustration as I aggressively stood up and walked away from the group. For no reason, the smile on my face vanished like a bubble as tears fell one by one, slowly.

They tickled my face a bit but I ignored it. I had no idea where to go since the road I was walking through was unfamiliar, strange, and weird. But I already passed by the house where I came from, and some trees. The farther I go, the lighter I can hear the noise.

It was so silent as I walked through the road. Creepy like in a horror movie. Tall trees surrounded me as the cold and strong wind blew me away. It was so silent, that the noise made by the owls was the only thing I could hear. I put my finger inside my hair to get it out of my sight.

I never drank alcohol or any drinks before so it is my first time tonight. My sight ended up being a little blurry. I only took four shots but now, I am already getting dizzy and I can't even feel my feet. This is why I don't drink.

Suddenly, my sight completely got all black as I felt how my body met the hard and rocky ground.

****

I opened my eyes, the sight was still a little blurry. I looked at the empty ceiling above me. I realized that I wasn't laying on my own bed. It was an unfamiliar bed with a white comforter and foam. My eyes widened as I stood from the bed. I scanned the room with my two eyes. But I didn't recognize a single thing until I found a sofa beside me where I saw Shawn laying down. I took a deep breath in disappointment. I watched how his eyes opened.

"Good morning" he sweetly said as he stood from the sofa and fixed his clothes. I looked down on my clothes and figured out I was still wearing the same clothes as I was wearing last night at the party and I smelled nothing but alcohol. "Where am I?" I asked while panicking.

He frowned at me with his eyes lightly closed. Probably because he just woke up. "Calm down, you are at my house," he said without any expression but was chill. "What? Why am I here? Don't tell me you kidnapped me-"

"You should even thank me. If it wasn't because of me, then you're probably kidnapped. While walking, I saw you laying on the road unconsciously. I even thought you were dead already but at least I heard you breathing" after I heard those words coming out of his mouth, I started to remember everything about last night.

How my sight got blurred, how I felt so cold, and how I fell on the ground.