Chapter Twenty-One

Holding the tray of foods I have got from the cafeteria, I sat on the long table together with Jannet. As usual, it was only the two of us and no one else. If only Myrna was there, we could have been a trio together. But I have always been happy with both of them so I don't care whether I'm with Myrna or Jannet. They are both very special to me. Because of the spicy chips I ate, I immediately took a sip of milk, believing that it would help lessen the spice while Jannet laughed at me. I rolled my eyes.

"It's not funny," I said while sarcastically rolling my eyes back and forth. "I warned you before that it is super spicy. I tried that so many times" she said, well she actually did warn me about the spice of it but I remained hard-headed and ignored her warnings because I thought I can cope with the spice but turned out that I could not. "Only a few people are in the cafeteria today," she said while eating. I looked around and noticed that she was right. The cafeteria was half empty. Only a few people were there and that includes me and her.

I raised my shoulders. "Maybe because everyone is at the BTS concert today. They are all going crazy about it. But I don't get why they like K-pop so much when we have local artists. It's also Friday anyway" she nodded in agreement. No hate for K-pop but we have both been not like the other girls who could almost die just to be noticed by the K-pop idols when in our country, we have American artists who deserve love as well but are very underrated. I sighed to help myself feel relieved from the spice.

Once again, we both looked around us. The cafeteria which was always out of space during lunch breaks became hungry for people to fill it in. "Yeah, I guess so." She agreed and took a bite of her burger. All of a sudden, I felt my stomach hurt a little. "I think I need to use the bathroom," I said while she nodded her head. I reached for the bathroom which was empty for the first time. It was the only place in the school where there was no air condition so I would not be freezing.

But then I felt someone tap my back which made me jump off my feet before I entered the bathroom. "Jade!" Called Dylan. I rolled my eyes after he startled me a lot then I faced him. "What?" I took a few steps away from him to keep a personal distance and before saying a word, he looked around and then faced me as I saw sweat dripping from his face. "I just figured out who Xanny is" I flipped my hair slightly to get it out of my sight as I gulped and looked around to see if someone was listening.

The hallway was clear and the bathroom was empty. I dared to let him continue. "Who is she?" I asked while she went closer to me and said, "she's a he" I frowned, didn't know what he was trying to say. "Travis, the guy being pointed in the letters is the one who sends you those. He is Xanny" he said with a serious look on his face which was rarely there. "Are you crazy? Dylan, what are you saying? Travis and I are the victims here" he rolled his eyes and tapped his forehead.

"Ugh! I saw him today putting a letter in your locker!" I gulped again as my hands started to sweat. "Do you have proof" he looked down disappointedly and answered, "no" I laughed. "See! You don't have proof. Get proof first before accusing someone" but the only reason that I said that was because I didn't want to blame Travis. Whom I didn't know truly had something to do with Dylan's accusations. "But I saw him with my two eyes putting a letter in your locker!" He immediately grabbed my right hand before I said a word.

I frowned with a clueless expression on my face and let out the question, "where the heck are you taking me?" He didn't respond but instead, he kept on running while holding my hands. "Dylan! Where are you taking me?" I asked again but like before, he didn't respond and kept on running. Until we finally stopped. I scattered my eyes first and scanned the place as I recognized that we were in the locker's place. "What are we doing here?" I asked but it felt like he didn't even hear a single word from me and just kept on doing what he wanted.

"Where is your key?" He asked while without further thinking, I grabbed my keys and gave it to him and he unlocked the locker. "It can't be!" He said when he disappointedly found nothing in the locker. I rolled my eyes in insult. "You're wasting my time. Stop making up stories just to stick with our deal!" I thought he just made up that story and I didn't believe him but he kept on arguing. "I saw him putting the letter here in your locker. He even saw me watching him do it. Our eyes met!"

I almost believed him but I realized that Travis was not in the same school as mine. "How can he come in here when he doesn't even study here?" He sighed as he looked away hopelessly. I didn't believe a single thing he said. Because he was him, he was Dylan. A guy I never believed because he used to be always kidding and not serious, rude, and playful. Like everything to him is just gamed he could play every time. "Okay then. I just hope you won't be disappointed with what you decide to believe" he looked at my eyes and added. "Don't say I didn't warn you" then left me in front of my locker.