Ryujin and Yuna

I wanna be me, me, me, me.

Ryujin took a deep and quick sigh before the dance break started. Then, almost all her mind was focused on it. Move your feet back and forth. Put your hands down, then bring them up. Stomp your feet and barely hear the sound it makes. Crouch down, trace an arc and slide forward. Hold for a moment and stand. Fists on hips once, twice. Finish the dance break.

What was left of the song seemed like a walk, in comparison. Her mind was almost totally focused but a small part was terrified that she would fracture her ankle again. She couldn't help it: for it to happen would further delay ITZY's comeback, something Ryujin didn't want for the world.

Her wheezes became more audible as Chaeryeong turned off the sound system. Her companions looked at her, expectantly.

"What's up?" Yeji asked.

Ryujin took a moment to assess her body. The muscles in her right leg were just as tight as those in her left, and her ankle was in perfect condition.

"Nothing strange," Ryujin said with a triumphant smile.

Yeji, Yuna, Chaeryeong and Jisu cheered and applauded.

"You're back in the ring!" Jisu exclaimed.

"What a joy, Ryujin-ah!" Yeji shouted.

"ITZY will be back!" Chaeryeong chirped.

"What a relief, Ryujinie," Yuna exhaled.

She was the first one to approach to hug her. She squeezed Ryujin tightly against her, murmuring:

"What a relief..."

Ryujin laughed at the collective enthusiasm and energetically returned everyone's hugs.

It was morning, early January. As soon as she was free to walk back and forth with a cane, she had been doing leg exercises and jogging until she was called to evaluate her performance, which had turned out to be quite satisfactory. Wannabe was not the first song she had danced to. She had started out soft and worked her way up in difficulty. She still had LOCO left, and she felt ready to perform it.

Ryujin had to show how much she had missed the stage.

---

Ryujin and Yuna took a seat on the same couch while their lawyer sat on another once the greetings were over. They were in ITZY's bedroom, just the three of them.

"I was able to talk to Eun-suk and Han-soo," the lawyer began. "Rather, I was able to talk to their lawyers. They confirmed that their clients had no idea what Mr. Kye was planning to do, and showed me proof that they had cut off contact with him weeks before the attack on Miss Ryujin."

Ryujin clenched her pants with her hand as she inevitably recalled the attack. She put the scene out of her mind as soon as she could and said:

"What Yuna and I want to know is whether we can sue them for anything related to that."

"No," the lawyer replied, shaking her head. "There is no proof that they knew anything, and Mr. Kye himself denies that they were involved in any way."

Ryujin nodded gravely and patted Yuna's hand.

"Well," Yuna said, "there's still the question of whether we can sue them for defamation."

Their lawyer twisted her lips and grimaced.

"We can," she said, "but I don't think we'll get anything out of it. We don't have strong evidence that they harassed you. Mr. Kye refuses to say anything more about his assistants, and they won't talk, probably on the advice of their lawyers."