The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Thirteen.

Hello, since i havent updated in succccccccccccch a looooooooooooooooong time :(

I thought i'd add more, as a sincere apology to ANY readers i have left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was shocked at how many students there were walking around to their classes. When we came to the art block I easily spotted section B and power walked over there. Josiah of course striding next to me, today seemingly a little more relaxed than tense unlike yesterday.

I walked in nervously but smiled in relief when I saw a head of bouncy red curls snapping at some guy near the back of the class “This seat is taken. Don’t even think about it” I laughed to myself and looked up at Josiah who was checking the surroundings. Probably to make sure no spiedy skilled vamps were going jump out and say boo!

I went and sat next to Grace and she smiled then looked to Josiah next to me “Hey- Oh He’s in this class too? I’d never have you down as the arty type, more of a gym…guy.” I laughed “No, totally wrong, he’s so arty and sensitive, he once cried over a Picasso piece.” I felt Josiah’s eyes burn into the side of my face. Ha-ha. Grace raised her eyebrow at him shaking her head saying “Oh, wow.”

Grace moved  to tap the seat next to her “Sit, Sorry Josiah you’ll have to go one lesson without her, you’ll have to find another seat.” Josiah looked at me with slight concern “Thought you were going to sit with me, Jade?” I frowned and then looked to the next desk over “Sit there, we can still talk?” He sighed and nodded “Ok.”

Grace whispered when he was out of normal hearing distance, unknowingly that he could be listening. “So what’s the deal with him?” I unpacked my pencils and as I replied “What do you mean?” she rolled her eyes “He’s either the smelly loner kid of the class tagging around with you, which I don’t think he is because I caught a whiff and he smells pretty tasty to me.” I laughed “What’s the other option?” “Or he’s completely in love with you silently and you’re denying his efforts so he’s stuck around as a bestie. OH or he’s gay? Oh he is isn’t he? Knew it.” I laughed “We’ve just been friends for a long time…he’s shy and we usually stick together you know...”

I didn’t know what else to say I could exactly tell her that he was my vampire bodyguard, could I. An older man with short grey hair walked in and all the students talking and noise kind of fizzled out. The man spoke with what looked like a genuine smile towards us from the front.

“Well I do love having that effect on a room. But when I walk in I don’t demand silence in my classes.” Grace breathed out “Thank God.” A few people including me chuckled. “Right, you have all chosen to take art. This lesson I really just wanted to get to know you all, how you work and why you chose this subject for the next two years. I’m going to give your art books today and I want you to write- yes writing in art class- what’s with that! But I want you to write a paragraph about why you chose art and THEN I’d simply like you to do anything on the rest of that page to express yourself. You could draw a line if you like. As long as you can explain it to me if I were to ask. Anything in any media you like? Ok? I’m going to be floating around to get to know you all!”

Grace looked towards me and then said “He seems fairly cool for a teacher.” I nodded “yeah? I like this class already.” I looked towards Josiah and smirked, he looked kind of out of place, as he looked much more mature than the other guys in this class. Sat in silence with his arms crossed on the desk.

The teacher spoke again stating “OH! My name is Jerry! Sorry, I forgot to say, call me Jerry!” I laughed and turned to Grace “Yeah, I like him.”  After we’d got out books and I fiddled with my pencil I didn’t know what to write…why has I chosen art, this was weird to me. I’d never been sat in a class surrounded by lots of other students set the same task as me.

I noticed Grace writing away. I looked towards Josiah and wondered what he’d write. ‘I chose to do art as a subject as my clients daughter who I’m here to protect against harm or rogue vampires that attack chose to do this subject’ Yeah…well. I started writing what popped into my head.

I chose to do art as I feel expressing yourself on paper through different media’s and strokes of a pencil of brush is much easier that expressing yourself verbally or through writing, which is why this first part of the task kind of sucks for me.

I shook my head. Oh crap. I can’t write that.  I was about to rip it out when I heard a chuckle to my left. “Very good, Miss? What’s your name?” I jumped a little “Uhm…Jade.” He smiled warmly “It does suck. I feel the same, get on with the expressive art part if you like; it’s the part I prefer to see anyhow. I love the honesty though, I really do.” He carried on working his way up the class and Grace read what I wrote “You insult the activity he set and he likes you already. I chose the right girl to be friends with, didn’t I?” I smiled “Hope so.”

Suddenly a girl brushed by me and stopped to talk to Jerry. “Hello, I’m sorry I’m later, I went to section A and they changed me to this class.” Jerry smiled. “That’s fine, why don’t you go sit yourself next to…” Jerry looked towards Josiah and asked “What’s your name young man?” Josiah looked up and spoke softly “Josiah?” “Josiah, He can explain what I’ve asked the students to do.”

The girl stood still for a second and then moved to sit next to him. Grace nudged me and whispered “Keep your claws in” I shook my head looked at her smirking at me “What?” she tilted her head towards Josiah and the new girl “Your staring holes in the side of her head.” I rolled my eyes “Whatever, Gracie.” Her smirk was wiped off her face. “Regretting saving you that seat now.”

I smiled. I couldn’t help but look over towards Josiah explaining what we were meant to do; the girl who was a cliché bitch, long blonde hair and looked like a glamour model was looking at him to hear every word. I actually soon found out her name was Samantha, but she liked to be called Sam. She was actually pretty nice and I do kinda regret thinking she was a bitch, I wasnt a mean girl.

Jerry dismissed us from the class and Grace asked me “Want to go look what sporting activities we could try out for?” I frowned “Oh god.” She frowned “Oh come on? You have to like sports.” I bit my lip “I like watching some sports but I’ve never PLAYED any sports? Try outs sound really embarrassing also.” She touched my shoulder “They probably don’t do try outs but let’s go see what they offer, we could make a mean duo on the same team. Maybe they do kickboxing. From what I saw of you last night you’d be their A* student.” I rolled my eyes; Josiah was next to me with his new friend Sam next to him.

I smiled “Were going to go see what sports they offer, you want to come?” I knew he had to but I was trying to make it seem more…realistic. He nodded “Sure” Sam then smiled towards me “Mind if I come? I used to play basketball at high school, I would so love to join the team here, I hear there brilliant!” I smiled, she was actually such a nice girl but I felt I had already made up my mind that I didn’t want to be friends with her. Also the fact that Grace called her ‘plastic surgery model wanna be’ told me she didn’t want to welcome her with open arms either. I smiled though “Yeah come along.” All four of us left together. Josiah stayed on the right of me as we walked towards the sports building. I saw half naked girls cheerleading on a huge field next to the football pitch and took a deep breath. I have a bad feeling about me attempting any kind of sport.