The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Fifteen.

Sorry its been 2 weeks,,

Here you go :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After English I was kind of happy it was my last lesson, I wasn’t used to going to classes, it was all new to me. Josiah had sat next to me in the lesson and was surprisingly chilled out.

Josiah and I walked into the sports hall which was now a lot less packed with students than it was before. We stood in the middle and then he looked down at me “I’m going to have to sign up to basketball it’s the best suited, we both play in here on a Wednesday and have gym together tomorrow” I smiled “Sorted, go sign up.”

I started to walk over to the basketball section with him when I noticed the group in front of it. Nick was part of them, he turned and smiled “Fancy seeing you here…again. You signing up for basketball?” I smiled “Nah, Jos is though!” Nick eyed Josiah next to me “Jos?” Nick questioned with a slight smirk.

I looked up to Josiah and saw he wasn’t smirking. Nick then carried on “Guess we’ll be team mates wont we?” Josiah signed the bit of paper quickly and then nodded “We’ll be on the same team, yeah. Not sure about the mates part.” Nick then leant in “It’ll be good for them, having two of us on the team, if you know what I mean.” I smirked “You know it’s kind of unfair actually.” They both looked at me “No, it’s not like we’re going to take full advantage of our speed or anything, that may leak the secret.” I nodded “Hm, ok” Nick laughed “You don’t believe a word I say. Ha-ha. What are you doing tonight then?”

I looked to Josiah who seemed quite tense now. “I’m not too sure, probably just a night in I think.”  He nodded “Or you could come and check out some places around town? A few of us are going off campus to some fair that’s going on, would be awesome if you could come, too?” I smiled “I’ll think about it.” Nick then got his phone out, “Take my number, give me a call tonight ok?” I took his number and we started to leave the hall.

As we got to the more secluded corridors of my dorm building I looked up to Josiah and smirked “Don’t want to go to the fair do you?” He looked down to me “You do and do you know what that means? I’ll be right there sucking it up with you.” I smiled “out of the kindness of your heart?” he shook his head and smirked “My heart doesn’t beat. So no. I’m doing this because I'm getting paid a hell of a lot to do it.”

I punched his arm lightly “That too, but it would be nice for you to actually enjoy hanging out with me…sometimes so we can genuinely be friends?” He nodded “So you going to be ringing Nick then…” I looked at his cheek muscle clench and unclench. “Well…he did invite us?” Josiah stopped as we got outside of my dorm room door.

“No…he invited you, Jade.” I smiled and spoke in my most patronising high voice, “Oh you feeling left out? Did you want him to invite you” he rolled his eyes then glared at me. “So I can go by myself?”

He rolled his eyes again, “You know the answer, Jade.” I sighed and grabbed my phone. “Hello, Nick, it’s Jade, is it ok if Josiah comes? He really wants to hang out with us.“ He didn’t look amused.

__________________________________________________________________