The Vampire Bodyguard - Chapter Fourteen.

Another update :)

Vote and comment pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease :)

Love you alot if ur reading this, Your SIMPLY THE BEST. dooooooo dooooo doooooooo dooo.

-_- Im weird.

________________________________________________________________________________

As we weaved through what felt like thousands of muscly guys, of whom Grace was very much ogling. I had to call her twice. “Grace? GRACE.” She snapped out of it. “You got a little.” I pointed to her chin and she frowned, “What? Oh no. Not chocolate from this morning.”

I laughed “No, I was going to say dribble because you were ogling those guys. But wait chocolate this morning?” She wiped her chin quickly, “Yeah I have a Kit Kat chunky and a Yorkie bar for breakfast every day.” She said this proudly. I looked at her slim frame. Wow. That didn’t show at all, damn. Josiah narrowed his eyes and started “Yorkie bars are for men. Something you want to tell us Grace, or is it Graham?” Grace then glowered at him. Crossing her arms as she replied “Hold up there Josiah. Don’t get me started with the whole ‘only for men’ thing. I will kick your-‘ I laughed and grabbed her arm.

“Let’s go look at the sports.” We walked into the building and saw people signing up to different classes. Sam, who had been really quiet on the walk over, ran over to the basketball section. Grace looked around and nudged me “Look at all these hot guys!” I laughed looking around at them myself. I noticed how Josiah seemed to edge slightly closer to me since we were in quite a crowded building; he seemed a little more tense too. I smiled up at him and mouthed ‘Chill.’ He gave me a slight nod and forced a smile and I rolled my eyes.

I thought of something, “Hey! Why don’t you sign up for a sport Jos? I mean you’re always a little on edge, a little shy, this could help you make friends?” his eyes widened as I smirked and Grace spoke “Good idea, I agree, you seem so tense, sporting could help that? You know you’re weirdly tall, basketball could be your thing, you should go find Sam over there and sign  up”

He shook his head looking around, “I don’t think so, what are you girls going to sign up for, it’s getting pretty full in here, you might want to hurry up?” I rolled my eyes at his way of trying to get out of it. Grace made her weird squeal whistle noise as she beamed looking towards the volleyball section.

“I used to rule at volleyball! Will you sign up with me?” I took a deep breath, “Ok, why not? Something new” She grabbed my arm and started pulling me over there with excitement “I’ll teach you, don’t worry, we’ll be ace!” We walked over to a women at the stand and she smiled “Hey” Grace grabbed the pen and wrote both our names down. “When do we start?” She grinned at the women.

I laughed and Josiah had a slight smirk. “Well, I’m glad you’re eager. I have to tell you, if you are on any sporting team you have to attend a compulsory gym class once a week as a lesson though, this is where we lose most students interest?” Grace looked towards me “You ok with that?” I nodded “I need to get fit anyway?” She smiled “Ok we’re in!” The teacher smiled “I’m Sarah, gym class this week is tomorrow at 1pm and then volleyball starts this Wednesday at 3pm, ok girls?” Grace answered for both of us “Ok, thanks. See you then.”

As we started to walk away Josiah bent down and whispered into my ear “I don’t know if that’s a good idea? It’s a girls’ volleyball team, I can’t be there?” I looked up his concerned face and shook my head “Don’t worry, we’ll sort it out.” I wasn’t going to let this whole situation with guards stop me from doing what I wanted, not now when I’m enjoying life how a normal girl should be.

We were looking round the different stools when I saw Nick. He started to walk over and I felt Josiah tense a little more, inching slightly closer, I frowned at him as Nick said “Hey, how you doing?” I smiled a little “I’m ok, thank you for last night, for looking for me.”

He waved it off “No problem, I feel horrible for leaving you alone! I was only gone 2 minutes to get drinks! I enjoyed spending last night with you though, before everything I mean.” I smiled “Yeah, me too. And don’t worry about it, you couldn’t have known those weirdo’s were there and you did try and warn me” he nodded “Yeah, a girl like you getting lost in a big place like this.” Suddenly Josiah spoke up more tense than needed “And what’s that meant to mean?”

Nick looked at him and frowned. I nudged Josiah and noticed he seemed to be getting angry. “I think we should head back to dorm I want to grab some stuff before English.” I noticed Grace was at a nearby football stool and I put my hand on Nick’s arm “I’ll see you around.” He smiled down at me “Yeah, I hope so.” I walked over to Grace and told her I was going back to my dorm before English but she was too engrossed in what she was doing so I just smiled and left.

When we were in a more secluded area and looked over to Josiah and spoke “What is your problem with Nick? Really?” he did a side glance narrow eyed look at me “You know he’s, you know?” I smirked, “A vamp?” He nodded looking around to check no one was following us. “Yeah but on his file it says he’s human. I just think maybe you should try and stay away from him, he seems suspicious.” I rolled my eyes “You checked his file seriously?” He nodded “Of course.” I shook my head and sighed “Ok, but I'm not going to stay away from him just because he’s a vampire, my dad has brought me up to treat you like human’s, your no different, a little scarier sometimes I’ll admit but I'm not going to ignore him just because of that.”

Josiah whispered “Of course you’re not because you just LOVE to do the opposite of what I tell you.” I smirked to myself. Winding him up was kind of fun.

As we got to my door I smiled “Come in for a little bit, we have an hour till next class?” He nodded and followed me in. I plopped down on my sofa and he sat in the separate chair. I nearly blushed thinking of how I woke up this morning with him arm wrapped around me.

He spoke up, “About this volleyball thing, I don’t think it can happen.” I sat forward “It’s an hour? With a group of girls who I’m sure you can file check!” I said sarcastically. He tilted his head “I can file check them but since Nick’s file doesn’t scream ‘I’M A VAMPIRE’ then how do I know none of them have covered it up just like him?” I frowned “Well files can’t say that? Otherwise the humans would know?”

He had his unemotional face on again “We vampires have a little mark on our files invisible to the human eye. His didn’t, so Nick is basically unknown to the vampire community or your dad’s team. So that is why I feel it’s suspicious.” I nodded, “Oh, ok. Well maybe you should just ask him? Or I could?” He rubbed his forehead, “I already did, he said his parents had died and that he grew up human and wants to live a normal life?” I opened my eyes wide in confusion, “Well there you go then? Jeez, what do people round here have to do to get you to chill out!” He looked towards me “You’re too trusting, Jade.” I sat back “I would say I give people a chance. Not TOO trusting. You can’t treat everyone like the enemy. I think you should take on the saying ‘innocent until proven guilty’” he nodded as if he didn’t care what I thought.

“Also with the volleyball thing, the whole hour compulsory gym lesson? That’s combined with other sporting classes. You’d be with a lot of different people?” I then had a brilliant idea. I grinned. “Well then there are only two options.” He sighed, “What?” “You either join the girls’ volleyball team. Or you do a different sport? Like basketball, you need to have a hobby around here otherwise you’ll be bored and it will make me feel bad.” He looked at me for a few seconds and waved my arms around “Hello? Earth the Jos?” his eyes snapped to mine “Josiah. And will you seriously not reconsider doing volleyball?” I shook my head; he was so giving in. “Fine, I’ll see if there’s a sport that runs alongside volleyball for the guys.” I jumped up and was about to hug him but stopped myself. “Thank you Jos!” He stood up and flicked my in the nose. “Shut up.”