19. Models Meet

"Right there, girl, you're doing great!"

Nemuri lowered her left leg, resting it on her knee and looking up to the ceiling. The breeze in the room didn't bother her, even if she was practically naked, wearing nothing but a robe that barely covered her breasts and the trademark handcuffs around her wrists. Her fake glasses and famous whip were on the ground, her hands pressed against a metal chair as she continued with her pose.

It's already been a couple hours of posing for the camera, and their sessions was coming to an end. Since she'd been forced to take a step back from the active hero scene, she's mainly been focused on her modeling and teaching. She loved teaching her students, and was ecstatic they were so invested in being fledgeling heroes, but it wasn't exactly a financially stable job, especially since UA lost a lot of funding after the war.

Turns out sending a bunch of teenagers to war and having them shoulder a huge amount of responsibility over rescue operations, refugee centers and battling villains wasn't great for the public image. Who would've thought?

It was another hour before their time was up, and she could finally dress in warmer clothing. In the dressing room, she removed her handcuffs. The door opened, and she saw Miwa walk in through the mirror.

"You did great today," she said.

"You say that every day," Nemuri chuckled. "But thanks babe."

"Well, you don't have any other appointments today," she continued, checking the tablet in her hands. "And you're free tomorrow."

"Sounds good," she nodded. "What about you? Got any plans? Going out with someone?"

"Uh, I am going out, yes," she chuckled shyly, her ears red.

"That's fantastic!" Nemuri squeezed her hands. "Now... he satisfy you in bed?"

"I-I don't know!" she squeaked, her redness rising to her face. "We haven't gotten that far yet!"

"Oh you poor, naive girl." She patted her shoulder, shaking her head. "You're probably better off making the first move instead of waiting for him. Guys are pretty dense when it comes to things like that."

"I-I'll think about it." Miwa cleared her throat and looked at the tablet again. "Uh, they told us to leave in the next ten minutes for their next client, so I'll let you change."

It didn't take long for her to change her clothes. When she exited the dressing room, she was wearing jeans and a black v-neck shirt. Her whip, glasses and robe were packed into a duffel bag along with the rest of her clothing and items they used for the photo shoot. They were already changing up the set, but didn't focus on the details as she wasn't really interested.

Nemuri and Miwa stepped into the elevator, the blue-haired girl humming to the tune of the elevator music. Nemuri shouldered her bag as the door opened, revealing a blonde woman with three different colored snakes in her hair, with two men in black suits on either side of her.

The raven-haired woman blinked. "Mai?"

The blonde perked up, smiling as she realized who she was looking at. "Nemuri? Oh my god, how are you?!"

The two shared a hug, leaving their assistants standing beside them, confused. Miwa looked to Nemuri, who was already chatting up a storm with her friend.

"Uh, excuse me ma'am," she cut in. "How do you know each other?"

"Oh, don't tell me you don't know Uwabami here," she smirked.

"Oh!" Miwa bowed her head. "Pleased to meet you, ma'am."

"No need to be so formal, dear," she giggled. "A friend of Nemuri's is a friend of mine."