For the greater good

A/N- *Evil laughter*

0 Sacrifice 0

-Third Person P.O.V-

The earth was scorched all around them, 1000's of people were fighting one and another. Thanos' army against all of earths mightiest heroes.

Peter was stood amongst the fight, looking around him at the fight that didn't seem like it would ever end. Peter could see Thanos a little aways from him, the gauntlet on his hand and looking more than angry.

It was that moment, when he saw his dad and his uncle Steve go for it, that he knew what he had to do. To make sure his family stayed safe and the ones he loved were okay, he would have to take the fall. He couldn't ask anyone else to do it, they all had something they're needed for.

Yes, Peter was needed, per-se. He was sure his parents would miss him, and so would Ned and MJ. But to ask his dad to do that would be too much, they had another kid now, his Sister Morgan. His dad and shown him a picture of her, promising that once this was all over, he would take him to see her and mum.

Peter really wished he could do that.

He shot out a web, hooking it onto one of Thanos' men and throwing him off to the side as he made his way towards his dad and uncle to try and help get the gauntlet. As he was nearing where the three were he continued to web people up, using the spider legs behind him to make sure no one would be able to get on top of him.

"Peter, take this and run," Tony shouted, having the gauntlet in his hand and throwing it to Peter, not realising that he had just sealed his sons fate.

Peter grabbed it once it was close enough, making sure to hold it close to him in order to not let anyone take it from him. He could already feel the power coursing through it, even without it being on his being.

To say it scared Peter was an understatement, but he knew he had no choice. He had to do this.

For his family.

"Guys, I need you to distract Thanos, keep his away from me and his army," Peter mumbled into the coms, hoping no one would ask anything.

"Pete, why-"

Tony was cut off by Steve agreeing and telling who to go where and what to do.

Peter could hardly breath as he did so, the thoughts of what was going to happen within the next ten minutes was over taking his mind. The impact of it all was about to change his life forever, and sadly, his families as well.

Peter made his way to a clearing, it was covering in wreckage, fires all over the place and scorched earth.

"Dad, I'm so sorry," Peter whispered into the coms before sliding the gauntlet onto his hand.

The pain and power was instant. It travelled through his limbs quicker than anything he had ever known. It burned and singed through his veins, whiting out his vision and making him think he had passed out for a moment.

A shock wave carried itself across the battle field, making everyone stop what they were doing and look over at the young spider, who had now fallen to his knees with the power.

"PETER, NO!" Tony screamed, racing towards Peter.

Thanos looked on, his face falling into one of fear. "No, you stupid spider won't do this," Thanos growled, already making his way towards Peter.

"I'm so sorry dad. I love you, please don't forget me. And tell mum and Mo I love them too," Peter whispered into the coms, ignoring the shouts coming from the coms telling him not to do it.

Peters mask was off and he could feel the tears falling down his face. It was now or never, and he knew he needed to be quick before he could be stopped.

"Fuck you Thanos," Peter growled before he snapped his fingers together.

The outcome was instant, through blurred eyes Peter could see Thanos and his army being dusted away. As soon as he had seen it, Peter fell back, leaning against some of the rubble.

Peter could barley breath, every breath he took was shallow and wheezy, he could hear his own heartbeat already slowing down and new he didn't have much time.

Even though Peter could see- albeit only a little, as darkness was clouding most of his vision,- he was still able to see as his dad rushed towards him, his helmet sliding off revealing the grief stricken face covered in tears.

"-at me Peter," he heard someone say, and from what he could tell, it was his dad.

Peter couldn't say anything as he agonisingly looked at his dad, who let out a sob of pain. Tony didn't want to admit it, he didn't want to know accept what was really going to happen. But he still knew.

Tony was going to lose his child and there was nothing he could do about it.

Peters aunts and uncles were all stood around his, tears silently streaming down his face as he does so.

"I love you Pete, I love you so fucking much," Tony whispers, grabbing Peters charred hand and holding him close.

God, Peter hurt everywhere, but he couldn't leave his dad like this. Not just yet at least.

"Love you too," Peter whispered, his voice heard all over the place even when it was only just a whisper.

The battle field was quiet, and the air was heavy with silence, the only sound that could be heard was quiet crying and Peter struggling to take in air.

With a shuddering breath, Tony whispered something no parent should ever have to whisper.

"It's alright Petey, you can let go now. You did so well and I'm so proud of you."

Hearing those words, Peter finally allowed himself peace, not before one final tear fell from his eyes and landing on Tonys hand.

Tony couldn't stop the loud sob that fell from his lips then. He had lost Peter for five years, and when he finally got him back, he lost him again.

It should have been him.

Not Peter.

It should have always been him.