Psych 101

0 Crying 0

-Third Person P.O.V-

It was a known fact that Peter Parker didn't have a big family. The lose of his Uncle had been something that he could hardly cope with, being only left with his aunt, and now struggling for money.

So when Peter saw there was an internship going for Stark industries via his school, he tried to get it.

And that was how he got more family.

But, nothing could ever replace his Aunt May.

Peter should have known that it wouldn't last. Parker luck was something that followed him around like a dark cloud, ready to rain on him at any given chance. Peter had already lost everyone else, so why not add to the list.

-

Peter sat in school, listening as the teacher droned on and on about things he had learnt ages ago with his Uncle, and then was reinforced by spending his time with Tony. Everyone else in his class was sat, scribbling notes and seeming more confused than they ever had, and Peter would be lying if he said it wasn't funny.

Time ticked on, and Peter couldn't help but feel like something was wrong. His senses were telling him something was off, but he couldn't quiet work it out. It was like... the danger wasn't for himself.

A knock on the door snapped Peter from his dark trail of thoughts and he cast his gaze over to the person at the door. The person seemed rather bleak and as though they had heard something that made them sad.

"I'm going to need to take Peter Parker," the person muttered to the teacher.

Peters eyes widened and his stomach dropped. This wasn't good.

"Peter, grab your things and go with this teacher," Mrs Hawkins called out, looking at Peter in sympathy.

Peter glanced at Ned, who was looking at him in question and worry. All Peter could do was shrug his shoulders and look just as confused. He grabbed his things though, and walked out the class, ignoring the looks from all his peers.

"What's this about?" Peter asked as they made their way down the hall and to the office.

The woman looked at Peter in such pity and sadness that Peter began to think of the worst. "You're guardian is here and he can tell you," the woman replied, steeling her gaze and not looking at Peter again.

From what she had said, it sounded as though Tony was the one that was here. Why the Hell would Tony be here though, he would only be here to sometimes pick me up, he would never go into the school.

However, as soon as Peter saw Tony. He knew.

He knew his Aunt May was gone.

It had been the same look May had given him when Uncle Ben had died.

Peter could feel the tears falling down his cheeks before he could even stop them. He shook his head wildly, hoping if he did it enough he would wake up and his aunt would be there.

"Please- please don't Tony, please no," Peter sobbed, moving closer to his not dad dad.

Luckily they were in a private room off the side of the office, meaning they had some privacy. Tony would have preferred to not have to tell him here, but he knew he needed to tell Peter now, and not later.

Wordlessly, Tony opened his arms, nodding his head only slightly as a single tear fell from his eyes. "I'm so sorry kid," was all Tony could mutter before Peter was sobbing in his arms.

Tony held Peter tightly, afraid that if loosens his hold even slightly, Peter might fall apart- more than he is now that is. Tony knew how much this would hurt Peter, the poor kid had lost so much already and he feared any more and it might be the end for Peter. To add to it all, being Spider-Man would be so hard for him, the mental toll is enough then add in the physical. And now, he lost his aunt, having only lost his Uncle two years ago, it was enough to break anyone, let alone a 16 year old.

"Pete, buddy. I know this might not be much right now, but I want you to know you're not going to be alone, Pep and I will look after you," Tony whispered, hoping Peter wouldn't mind and would feel a little better knowing he wasn't being thrown in some orphanage and being forgotten about.

In return, Peter hugged the man even tighter as more tears spilled.

His aunt was gone, and it really felt as though everything he had ever known and loved, was ripped away from him with no care for him.

"M'wanna go home," Peter whispered, his voice cracking as more tears spilled.

Tony had to bite down on his lip in order to not cry more, knowing it wouldn't help Peter in the slightest. But goddamn, if it wasn't hard enough already, seeing Peter so upset and broken tore something deep within Tony that didn't think could ever be torn.

"Of course Petey. I want you to listen to me okay," Tony whispered, making Peter look up at him and nod his head, looking at Tony with blurred eyes as more tears fell. "It will get better, maybe not now, tomorrow, next week, or next year. But I promise, one day, it will get better, and I'll be there, right beside you and making sure you're okay," Tony promised, holding Peters shoulders tightly to make sure he was grounded and listened.

Peter took in the words, staying silent for a moment before replying.

"You promise?"

"I promise Peter," Tony replied, his voice unwavering.

Peter nodded, hoping beyond all hope, that Tony was right.