Is something burning?

A/N- Slept all day after college yesterday so a little behind but should be able to catch up.

0 Fire 0

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter swung from building to building, adrenaline pumping through his veins and a small smile plastered on his face. He was currently out on patrol and helping people that needed his help. He was currently making his way to a roof building to see what else there was to do.

Once he landed on a roof, he proceeded to sit on the edge and swing his legs back and forth. He was listening out for anything that could link to some sort of trouble and for someone who might need his help.

"Karen, have you got anything for me?" Peter asked, continuing to look out.

'There appears to be a fire three blocks away, I will show you the way,' Karen replied, a map already popping up in the side of Peters vision.

Peter thanked her before jumping down and making his way towards the fire, as he neared, he could smell the smell of smoke and burning rubble in the air. It burned his senses and made his stomach curl uncomfortably and the thought of how bad it could be.

Even from the building he was stood on before, he could see the orange glow of fire, lighting up the darkness in an unnatural, all too powerful way.

"Karen, do you know how many people are in there?" Peter asked as he swung closer and closer, every swing he felt the heat of the fire inch closer to his skin.

It took a few moments before Karen replied, "I can detect eight people left in the building."

Peter could feel the worry build within him at that statement, it meant he had to try get them all out, before the fire became too much or the- God forbid- the building collapsed.

"Can you plan a route for me to get to them the easiest?" Peter questioned, landing on the building beside the burning one and hoping he won't be too late.

Again, a moment passed before a map appeared on the side of his vision, 'follow this map, and it will take you to every person there. However, I must warn you the structure of the building is unstable and it's already at 34% chance of collapsing.'

Peter sighed, seeing the small percentage beside his map and knowing he didn't have time. With each passing second his senses grew a little louder.

"Let's do this thing," Peter whispered to himself before leaping forward and threw a broken window, entering the heat with no second thoughts.

-

Peter was so nearly there, he only had one more person to get to. They were in the middle of the building, and from what Karen had said, they were surrounded by far and only about eight. What didn't help as well, was the structure was down to 98%, Karen had warned as soon as it hit 100% the building will fall at any given moment.

During his heroics, Peter had got a lot of burns, cuts and bruises from getting people out. His suit was burnt and singed, and he knew a good portion of his body held burns ranging from 1st degree to 3rd degree. It hurt a lot, but he knew he had to keep going to get the last person out.

"Karen, how much time do you think I have?" Peter asked, making his way to where the person is, trying in vain to avoid the licking of the flames on his skin.

Peter cursed under his breath and sped up.

"Hello?!" Peter called out, knowing he must be close now.

A small voice, barley audible was heard, "I-I'm here. Please- please help."

Peter moved to where he heard the voice, and two rooms away he found who it was. It was a little girl, looking around the age of eight, huddled in a corner, fire raging all around her and a huge beam cutting off the only way through.

"Hey there, I'm Spider-Man, and I'm here to help you. What's your name?" Peter asked lightly, moving closer and wincing at the percentage hit 99.

The girl had ash covering her face, her tears cutting through the ash. She was clutching a stuffed bear in her arms and looked as though she was struggling to breath, whether that was the smoke or crying, Peter wasn't too sure yet.

"I'm- I'm Maddi," The little girl- Maddie voiced shakily.

"Nice to meet you Maddi, now I'm gonna need you to listen to me carefully okay," Peter spoke, watching as she nodded in attention before he went on, "when I lift this beam. I'm going to need you to crawl through and wait just behind me so I can get you out of here. Do you think you could do that?"

More tears fell and Peter could see the fear in her eyes. "What's your teddy bear called?" Peter asked calmly, very aware that it had just hit 100%.

Maddi held the bear tighter, almost like she remembered it was there before replying. "Ro," Maddi whispered, showing Ro to Peter a little more.

Peter smiled at the name and spoke quickly, "I'm sure Ro would protect you and be very proud if you did it. Do you think you can."

She didn't reply instantly, instead looking at Ro before Spider-Man. "Okay."

Peter made his way to the beam and breathed deeply before he grabbed it, wincing at the heat that was beginning to build on his palms. He didn't let it bother him, nor the biting of the fire that was closing in on him and Maddi and the creaking of the building.

Carefully, he lifted the beam, trying to not let it shake in fear it might make the building even less sturdy.

Maddi moved quickly and crawled under the beam, as soon as she was behind Peter he dropped the beam. Wincing at the bang it made and the floor rocking beneath them.

'Peter, you need to leave now,' Karen's voice called out, snapping Peter into action almost immediately.

Peter picked Maddi up, making sure Ro was safely between the two before launching towards the window.

He felt it before he heard it. The explosion through him off and sent him flying further than he thought with the explosion. He made sure to turn himself so he could take the impact of the fire and rubble being sent towards the pair.

-

"Thank you for saving our daughter," Maddi's father spoke, looking at Spider-Man in happiness.

"Of course sir. She was very brave and I was happy to help," Spider-Man replied.

The man let out a heavy sigh of relief and held Maddi a little closer to him. "Still, thank you so much."

The pair spoke a little more before Peter walked away, he knew his dad wouldn't be happy with the injuries he had got. But he hoped if he said the people he saved, his dad wouldn't be too angry.

His hands hurt and every burn on his body seemed to hurt even more than before. He guessed the adrenaline was leaving his body and revealing the real pain. Sighing, he began his way home, knowing it'll be a long while before he was there and the pain was actually gone.