Breath in, Breath out

A/N- This is- this is so, so bad. Oh my I'm so sorry. 

Also, I'm going to be updating now every other day, as I'm back to college and don't want to stress myself with this because I know the writing will get very bad. Just like this one as I was stressed as Hell. Sorry :/

0 Drowning + oxygen mask 0

-Third Person P.O.V-

Peter had never been the strongest swimmer, it was something he didn't like to admit but it was something known by both Pepper and Tony. He, Tony, Pepper and Morgan were all at the lake house, although it was now known more as a holiday home for them all.

Peter had been living with them now for about a year, after May had left to work in Germany, Tony and Pepper took him in. Morgan, of course, already saw him as a big brother so was more than happy to have him be a part of the family.

Peter and Morgan were swimming in the lake, and it was all going well, until it, well, wasn't. Peter wasn't the strongest swimmer, and he tended to stay close to the edge to make sure nothing happened to him.

Morgan, on the other hand loved swimming.

As she was still young, she didn't understand why Peter wouldn't come more into the centre with her. So, to get her big brother with her, she grabbed his hand and pulled him in.

"No, Mo, stop," Peter called out, already struggling to keep his head above the water.

Morgan only laughed a little, thinking it wasn't a big deal and replied, "no Petey, you have to come with me."

Tony looked over and felt his eyes widen at the scene. He knew Peter wasn't a strong swimmer and that was why he would never go into the middle of the lake. So, seeing him struggling to keep his head above the water and his daughter dragging him in, made Tony panic.

"No, Morgan stop," Tony shouted, already making his way to the lake.

However, it was too late as Peter was already taking in water as his head dipped under the water continuously. His arms were flailing aimlessly, trying to gain some sort of traction although it was useless.

Morgan had let go of his arm when Tony had shouted and she couldn't get a grip on his arm again. Only then did she realise how much she messed up.

Tony threw himself into the water, needing to get to Peter as soon as he could. Panic was weaving its way through his body, making him move quicker and quicker. He couldn't see Peters head now and knew he needed to hurry.

Peter knew he shouldn't breath, but his lungs were burning and he couldn't stop himself from opening his mouth wide and sucking in air. Except it wasn't air, it was water, and it burned his lungs and made darkness cloud his vision, and his body begin to shut down.

The last thing he could see was a hand reaching out for him.

-

Waking up felt odd. There was something tight around his face and it pinched annoyingly at his skin.

A groan fell from his lips as he moved around slightly, pain was working its way around his body with a vengeance and his mind was foggy as he tried to remember what had happened.

Peter could hear the sound of constant beeping and knew straight away he was in a hospital, most likely the med bay.

"Pete, you with us?" A voice called out, a rough, but familiar hand connecting with his.

Tiredly, he opened his eyes and after a moment of blinking, he noticed it was Tony stood next to him, a look of worry contorting his face.

A hum fell from his lips as he reached up with his free hand and began to try and pry the oxygen mask off. Tony was quick to stop him however, grabbing his hand and pulling it back down.

"Nope, can't do that kiddo, you need it to help you," Tony spoke softly.

"What happened?" Peter whispered, his voice cracking and sending spikes of pain through his throat all the way to his chest.

A look of guilt formed on Tony's face as he looked down, "you drowned kid."

Memories flashed through Peters mind, him being dragged into the middle by Morgan, water surrounding his face and then a hand reaching for him as his vision darkened.

"Oh yeah."

"Pete, I'm so, so sorry. I shouldn't have let Morgan get even that far, she should have known, and I should have been paying more attention," Tony rushed out, his voice ridden in guilt.

Peter shook his head lightly and smiled, "dad, it's okay. I'm okay and I know she didn't mean to. And I know for a fact you wouldn't have let it happen if you could."

Tony shook his head silently and sat down on the seat beside Peter's bed, it was obvious Tony wasn't about to forgive himself any time soon, and Peter knew that for however long he needed, Peter would reassure him that it wasn't his fault.

For now though, he let his eyes slip shut as his mind decided it was time for sleep again.