2 - sorting and lesbian awakenings

✎everything i touch turns to dust

you hurriedly jumped off the carriage and started walking towards the castle, desperate to escape from the blonde boy. "hey! long legs, wait up!" you cringed at the newfound nickname draco gave you. "don't call me that." he was confused as to why you were so moody. he also noticed you had a slight russian accent, he found it cute. 

you were so annoyed by the midget that you accidentally bumped into a professor. you started apologizing when she cut you off, "i'm so so sorry miss-" "ah! no worries miss swan, i was actually looking for you! follow me please." you trailed behind the professor, relieved that you could finally get rid of draco. "hey y/n where are you going?" you pretended you didn't hear him as you glanced around the castle. the designs and details were so intricate, you felt as if the castle was an art piece. you didn't notice that the woman in front of you stopped walking so you bumped into her back- AGAIN. "miss swan, you must watch where you are going!" you could feel your cheeks heat up from embarrassment. 

"wait here until you hear your name being called." you nodded, bored out of your mind. it felt like you were waiting behind the huge oak doors when you heard your name being announced. "before we start the feast- let us welcome a transfer from durmstrang, y/n swan!" dozen of applause could be heard and you could feel your social anxiety go through the roof. you pushed the doors and walked towards the teachers' tables. whispers and mutters were all you could hear and it made you scream internally. you just wanted to go home- why couldn't you be homeschooled? 

"hello miss swan. my name is dumbledore, and i'm the headmaster of hogwarts." you shook his hand with a polite small. initiating the facade you usually used around teachers- polite and respectful. he gestured to the raggedy hat sitting on the chair. you pulled a confused face, did he expect you to put on the hat and sit in front of everyone? as if reading your mind, he nodded and smiled. you noticed that there was a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. your hands were sweating as you sat down and put the hat on. "ah another swan? i remember sorting your brother, mother and father! heehee this will be fun!" THE HAT STARTED TALKING?! you studied every type of magic from a young age- even dark magic. never was there a talking hat recorded in all the books you were forced to read. 

"hello...?" you whispered to the hat. you thought you were insane talking to a fucking hat. "no miss swan, you aren't insane. indeed, i am a talking hat" it started chuckling. DID IT JUST READ YOUR MIND?! "how fascinating...this is a hard choice...errrr....i see...you belong in..." you could feel the suspense in the air when the hat paused. 

"RAVENCLAW!" the blue table started cheering and clapping. you wanted the ground to eat you whole. it wasn't like you hated being in ravenclaw- you just wanted to be in the same house as your brother so you wouldn't have to make friends. 

you started walking to the ravenclaw table, warily. you noticed that blue stripes and the ravenclaw emblem appeared on your uniform. "over here! sit with me!" you looked towards a ravenclaw girl waving at you. she looked nice- but for some reason her cheeks were bright red? geez she seems annoying but whatever you were starving. "hiii, my name is cho chang! nice to meet you..." she held out her hand for you and she started trailing off when your hand touched hers. she pulled away abruptly and looked away shyly. how odd. 

food suddenly appeared in front of you. your mouth started watering, this food was better than the one in durmstrang! you started piling food on your plate, not noticing cho chang looking at you worriedly. "uh be careful- you don't want to choke on your food" you grinned at her like an idiot, happy now that you were eating a delicious meal. cho chang started blushing over how cute you were. a couple of other ravenclaws started blushing at your grin too. it just seemed so genuine and wholesome, in contrast to your resting bitch face. 

after the feast- you felt as if you could never eat again. 

"alright everyone follow me!" a ravenclaw prefect shouted, gaining everyone's attention. you trailed behind the prefect not realizing that almost everyone started glancing at you. they knew your brother was handsome as fuck but they never realized that his sister was as good-looking like him. you both were the power sibling duo. when you first walked in, everyone mistook you for a model instead of a 12 year old student. 

it felt like ages until you finally reached the dorms. "remember everyone! to get into our dorms you have to answer a riddle." the door in front of you started reciting a riddle. at this point, you weren't phased anymore- a talking door and hat, what next? the prefect answered the riddle before ushering everyone inside.

you looked around the room, it was so pretty. you could spot a few stars and planets on the wall, they were moving too. it was so magical- how ironic, what did you expect? you were attending a magical school after all. you loved the leather couches surrounding a brick fireplace, and a few students were conversing and hanging out there. "it's getting late now, find your dorm everyone! girls on the right, boys on the left. you will be sharing with 2 other people." the prefect droned one, already exhausted from the meal and how late it was. 

you walked up the spiral stairs and paused when you saw a room with your name and...CHO CHANG? oh, shit, her again. no offense, she was a tad bit annoying and you were convinced she had a crush on you. someone else named luna lovegood was your roommate too. you liked her name, luna. she sounded nice- you really hoped she wouldn't bother you. before your room-mates could arrive and introduce themselves, you went to sleep. today was so tiring, your social battery ran out a long time ago. oh well, until tomorrow.

AN: surprise surprise...you are cho changs' lesbian awakening MWAHAHAH!! thank you so much @cloudbqby_for helping me read proof my work, as english isn't my first language. i hope you all enjoyed- i'm thinking of doing 2 updates in one day... STAY TUNED LOVIES<3