4- beauty and the beast

✎ why should i please you, when you cant even please urself?

it was your second class of the day and you already felt like you wanted to quit. everyone in hogwarts seemed so energetic and cheerful compared to your previous school. you glanced at your timetable and then to the oak door in front of you. hoping that it was the suitable class you barged in. mcgonagall side-eyed you then faced her body towards you, "miss (l/n) mind telling me why you were late?" she ended with one of her eyebrows raised, motioning to you. you sighed inwardly and hesitated. you see, the reason why you were late was quite embarrassing but nevertheless, you proceeded to tell the tall woman in front of you. 

FLASHBACK

you were rushing to class, desperate not to arrive last. while sprinting with your books in hand and your head down you accidentally bumped into a muscular chest. you fell to the ground head first. "i- HAHSHDUHFA. oh fuck, i am so so sorry for laughing at you, it's just that you are in a very awkward and hilarious position right now. here, grab my hand." you heard a deep and kind voice apologize. you grabbed the unknown man's hand while covering your blushing face (out of embarrassment). "oh uh, yeah thanks. and im sorry for not looking at where i was going, im kind of in a rush..." you tried to explain but trailed off when you took a good look at the man's face. he was drop-dead gorgeous as if he won the gene lottery. your blush deepened more when you realized how he was holding you. the way his hand was on the sides of your waist made you feel as if this was a fairytale. beauty and the beast to be exact. you looked as if you ran through a forest as your hair was a mess and there were gallons of sweat running down your face, while he looked like a dream. "no problem, you should probably go now, you're going to be late if we stay here like this." you groaned to yourself, not wanting to leave him but in the end, you thanked him and ran like hell to your transfiguration class.

BACK TO PRESENT

"i see. very well then, you may be let off with a warning seeing as you are new but arrive in my class late again and there will be consequences." you shivered at her threat. geez, she really reminded you of your mom. you bowed deeply (as a sign of respect) and scurried to your seat, shrinking when you felt her gaze following you. "as i was saying..." you heard the professor  say before you felt yourself feel lightheaded.

"psst...girly hey!" you felt a harsh tapping on your shoulder. already feeling annoyed from the previous events you turned your head sharply, boring a death stare in the face infront of you. "geez someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed!" the redhead infront of you chuckled lightly. "uh...sorry i didn't mean to be rude, i'm just not in the best mood to interact with other people right now." hoping he would get the hint, you turned to face the professor and listen intently. "no problem missy! so hey...i heard rumors that you bumped into cedric diggory, hogwart's golden boy, and had a total love novel moment!" the unknown redheaded male exclaimed. a little TOO loudly for your comfort. 

"shhh. gosh, can you say that any louder???" you snapped. you couldn't believe how fast rumors spread around here. reminded you of a forest wildfire. "heh sorry, being loud and exciting is kinda my thing. hey i'm fred weasley. and you?" fred offered his hand. you looked at it like he had the plague. you weren't judgmental or anything, but you heard rumors about him too. you weren't interested in becoming his next prank victim. "oh aren't you the infamous weasley twin? where's your other half?" he frowns in a teasing manner, "aw well i prefer to go by fred. and my dear brother is down with an unfortunate case of the flu. now i think it's safe to say that it's only fair you tell me your name? hmm?" you looked at him in amusement, "y/n swan." "oh yeah i know you! sullivan swan's sister eh?" he said in a mocking manner. "i prefer to go by y/n." you replied cooly.

"y/n and fred, pay attention in class! there are break times for ice breaking question and introductions. this lesson will help you a great deal in your exams so i expect you to be taking notes." professor mcgonagall howled making you cower away in embarrassment because the class started to snicker. 

god...how embarrassing.

AFTER CLASS

you took no time to get out of that class as fast as you could. it was your first day and you already got called out! all because of that foolish weasley twin. you rushed to the great hall and sat in between cho chang and luna. "hello y/n" luna greeted you with that dazing look she always had. you wondered where her mind went 90% of the time. it was like she was in her own world and could care less what others thought of her. you envied her really. "hello luna and cho." you replied gloomily. "what's wrong?" cho expressed concern at the visible sadness on your face. you straightened your back- afraid of letting yourself fall vulnerable infront of people you barely knew. "ahem. uh nothing haha, sorry just tired from classes- first day things you know?" you coughed awkwardly. cho looked at you suspiciously while luna continued gazing and thinking about god knows what.

"yo missy!" you groaned inwardly and dragged your hand down your face, wishing the skin would peel off so you could die and not have to be faced with...

A/N: hi guys so sorry 4 not updating in so long, i fell out w the hp fandom but im back baby!