'Next week Thursday'

Katelyn-

I've been staying with Ethan for about 3 months now and he's been helping a lot which I am very thankful for. I told Evan about the baby a week after I moved in with Ethan and he said he wanted nothing to do with the baby, which I excepted. I still haven't told Melissa, but l'm planning to tell her today because I'm starting to show a bit, so I invited her to meet me at Ethans so I could tell her. She was confused on why I told her to meet me at Ethans, but I told her I would explain when she gets here.

"Good morning Kate." Ethan says walking into the kitchen.

"Good morning, do you want some eggs?" I asks. Ever since I moved in I've made it my job to at least cook and clean since Ethan has been nice enough to let me stay.

"Yes please, your cooking is amazing." He says sitting at the table causing me to laugh.

"When is Melissa coming?"

"Umm..she said she'll be here at 6, but you know she's always late so maybe around 7, is that okay?" I ask.

"Of course, oh and when is your next doctors appointment?" He asks.

"Next week Thursday." Ethan has been going with me to appointments since he's really the only support I have at the moment. He hasn't gone in with me to see the ultrasound, but he stays in the waiting room and I show him the pictures when u get them and explain it to him. I finish up the eggs put them on plates and walk them to the table. I set one in front of Ethan.

"We need some groceries so I'm gonna go grocery shopping this weekend, is there anything you want?" I say eating my eggs.

"Don't worry about that I'll do it, you already do enough around here Kate." He says, I nod knowing if I try to tell him I can do it he'll find a way to get to it before me.

A couple of hours later Melissa finally makes it to Ethans house and now I'm sweating bullets and I'm scared to tell her. I sit her down on the couch in the living room and start to tell her.

"Ok, so Melissa I wanted you here today to tell you that I'm pregnant." I say avoiding eye contact.

Her eyes widen.

"Omg! I'm gonna be an aunt!" She says happily. After seeing she was happy about it I was able to look at her without embarrassment. "That's why you haven't been to any parties isnt it?" She asks and I nod.

"How far along are you?"

"Almost 4 months." I say and her eyes widen again.

"How dare you wait so long to tell me!" She says smacking my arm playfully.

"I was scared that you would like be mad at me or something, I'm sorry for keeping it from you."

"It's okay now tell me why we had to meet up here." She says looking around the house. I tell her the story of how my parents found out and how Ethan offered me to stay for as long as I needed. We talked for a while and I even showed her the pictures from my ultrasounds and she absolutely loved them. She stayed for a while and we watched a few movies before she had to go.