'He changed'

K a t e l y n

Ring! Ring! Ring!

I hear my phone ring, but I ignore it hoping it would stop and I could go back to sleep. But to no one's surprise it kept ringing. I groaned and turned around to pick up my phone off my nightstand to see Melissa has been spam calling me, so I press the accept button and put the phone up to my ear.

"You better be in a life or death situation or I swear I'll kill you." I say.

"Well someone's grumpy, anyways come open the door." She says on the other line. I groan and hang up walking to the door. When I open the door I see Melissa and our party friend Zoey at the door. Zoey was always there to get Melissa and out of crazy situations when we got drunk at a party. For example: skinny dipping in a pool, fighting random guys, and my personal favorite making sure Melissa isn't hooking up with her ex.

"Hey girl! I haven't seen you at any parties in a while I just wanted to make sure you're okay." Zoey says from behind Melissa.

I smile at her concern "I'm fine Zo, what about you? Is Melissa going too crazy without me?"

"You have no idea. I thought taking care of both of you was a hassle, but Melissa alone is onerous." I laugh and Melissa looks back I Zoey.

"I'm not that difficult." Melissa says in a defensive tone.

"What ever helps you sleep at night sweetie. Anyways, at the parties Evan has been going around saying that you lied about being pregnant with his child. He says and I quote 'she's so obsessed she's trying to trap me with a fake baby'" Zoey says trying her best to copy Evans voice causing me to laugh. I turn myself to the side slightly and rub my hand around my stomach.

"It's true that I'm pregnant, but I definitely didn't want to trap him." I say laughing. Zoey lets out an ear bleeding scream and pushes past Melissa to give me a bear hug. Melissa ignores Zoey attacking me and walks past us to go raid the kitchen.

"Is it a boy or a girl?"

"I don't know yet, I want to keep it a surprise." I say and Zo nods. I hear a door open in the hall and turn to see Ethan walking out of his room.

"Why so much noise is someone getting murdered or something?" He says.

"No, but nice to know that if I ever was being murdered you'll be about 45 seconds late." I say causing the girls to laugh.

"How'd the shopping go yesterday?" Melissa asking sitting on at the table with a bowl of Lucky Charms.

"It went well actually, I got some clothes and things for the baby as well." I say pouring some coffee into my cup.

"Nonono Katelyn, you can't have coffee it's not good for the baby." Zoey says as she takes the cup out of my hand.

"I looked it up I can have up to at least 8oz, Zo now give me my cup back." She tries to have a staring contest with me, but she eventually gives up and gives me my cup.

"Fine, but no more coffee after that cup." She says walking to the couch and watching TV with Ethan.

"Okay, mom" I say walking to Melissa.

"How's the party life without me? Have you hooked up with Jacob?" Jacob is Melissa's ex. They've broken up like 5 times but they always end up together again, but this time is different because when they broke up Jacob get a new girlfriend a week later. I've never heard the song 'Traitor' by Olivia Rodrigo so many times it my life, but him and that girl broke up after a while. Me and Zoey assumed it was just to make Melissa jealous (which it did trust me)  because once Melissa accepted the fact that Jacob had possibly moved on, Jacob broke up with the girl and it all went downhill from there.

"Nope, I'm completely over him." Melissa said continuing to eat her cereal and avoiding eye contact with me, but she was texting something on her phone. Ding! I heard my phone in my pocket.

Melissa: Okay, I lied I may have hooked up with him like last night, but I don't want Zo to hear because she'll attack me and never let me hear the end of it.

My jaw dropped.

"Are you kidding me!?" I whisper yelled so Zo wouldn't hear.

"You should've seen him last night, he looked so good and then I got drunk, so one thing lead to another and I woke up in his room!" Melissa whisper yelled back.

"Did you use protection at least? Only one of us can be knocked up right now."  She nodded.

"Promise me that was the last time you hooked up with him and it was to only get it out of your system." I say holding out my pinky for a pinky promise, but her dramatic frown said all I needed to know.

"He asked you out again didn't he?" I say slowly taking my pinky back.

"He said he's changed for real this time and from what I remembered last night he really has!" She says holding on to my hand and looking me straight in my eyes.

"That's what you said the last 3 times you guys got back together Mel." I say and her dramatic frown gets bigger.

"Okay fine, I support it, but when u guys break up again I won't be afraid to say I told you so." 

"Thank you so much Kate, I love you" she says reaching over and kissing me on the check.

"Alright Zo, we have to go now" Melissa says standing up from her chair and putting on the best poker face she could.