'What are we?'

•Day of Baby Shower•
     (Sorry for the big time skip)

E t h a n

"Kate, come on I have to get you to this party before Melissa murders me!" I yell walking into to Katelyns room seeing her sound asleep in the pregnancy pillow I got her a few weeks ago.

"5 more minutes." She groans pulling the blanket back over her.

"Kate, it's 11 the party starts at 3 which leaves you with 4 hours to shower, get ready, eat, and drive there."

"Five more minutes Ethan please. I had a pitch perfect marathon last night, I didn't get to sleep until 3." She mumbles in her pillow to the point where I could barely hear her.

"Fine Kate, but I'll be back in 10 minutes to wake you up, I'll cook you some pancakes." She takes her arm out of her blanket and gives me a thumbs up and I laugh. I walk to the kitchen and take out the ingredients and get to cooking. Kate woke up in the middle of me cooking and went to go shower, so that's one thing off my to do list.

I finish cooking and just as I do Kate walks into the kitchen, and she looks amazing. She has on a cream colored sweater dress with buttons down the middle. The dress stops just above her knees and her baby bump is fully visible.

"I'm not doing anything special to my hair, brushing it was already a hassle." She says grabbing the plate of pancakes.

"You look amazing, Kate." I say as I walk over to her a place a light kiss on her lips causing her to blush.

"Alright, hurry up and eat so I can get you to the party." I say starting to clean up the mess I made.

"Your not staying at the party?" She asks sounding kind of sad.

"Of course I'll be there, why do you think I would skip it?" I ask.

"I don't know, it's just you keep talking about getting me there, and you're not even dressed yet."

"Oh, I'm sorry for making you think that, princess but of course I'll be there I'd be a
huge asshole if I didn't show up." I say placing my hand on her cheek.

"You would be an asshole if you took care of me and him then didn't show up to his big party." She says rubbing her belly is circular motions.

"You still think it's a boy?" I asks.

"Yes, I'm like 75 percent sure it's a boy, I did those old wives tales gender test thingy." She says.

"Well I think it's a girl." I say walking back to the dishes.

"Well I think you're wrong." She says giving me her empty plate to wash.

After I finish washing the dishes I finally go to my room to get dressed. I threw on a whiter shirt with some black jeans and a black hoodie. I grab my keys and make my way to Kates room so we can get ready to go.

"Kate, you ready?" I ask.

"Yea I'm coming, but which shoes should I wear, the heels or the flats?"

"Definitely the Flats Kate, now come on before we're late." I say.

"Alright," she says walking out her room and towards the door with me behind her. Once we make it to my car I help Kate into the car to make sure she gets in safely and I also steal a kiss before going in the drivers side.

"Do you have an AUX cord?" She asks.

"Yea it's right here." I say giving her the cord. She plugs it into her phone and a few seconds later Halo by Beyoncé starts playing, so I turn to her and laugh.