'Uncomfortable'

Katelyn

After staying in the hospital for 3 days I was finally able to leave and take Riley to her new home. I love her so much, everytime I look at her my heart melts, and I think Ethan has the same reaction because he loves her as well. He can't stop holding her. I'm so glad he's here because he's been a huge help I don't think I could do it without him.

"Are you gonna sit in the back with her?" He asks and I nod. When we approach his car I open the door for him a he can place Riley's car seat in the car.

"Do you want me to show you how to do it?" He asks looking back at me pausing what he's doing. I nod peaking over his shoulder. He instructs me on how to install the seat into the car and I watch carefully making sure I remember. He finishes so I get in the seat next to Riley and when I get in he closes the door.  I unzip the cover of Riley's car seat to check if she's okay and if she's still sleeping which she is. I also can't get enough of her. Ethan enters the car and starts driving back home.

"How are feeling?" He asks and I sigh.

"Exhausted." I say and he laughs.

"If you want when we get home you can sleep and I'll take care of Riley until you wake up."  He says and I smile at the offer.

"Cant, I have to pump milk and catch up on school work, but thank you really." I say and he nods. It takes us about 15 minutes of driving in a comfortable silence before we finally arrive home. I wait for Ethan to open the door for us and so he can carry Riley's car seat to the house. He opens the door helps me out then reaches for Riley's seat and we walk inside together.

"Where do u want me to set her?" He ask.

"Um, can you put her in the crib so I can pump the milk and everything?" I ask and he nods walking to my room. I get everything I need for pumping and I set it on the counter as I search up a YouTube video to make sure I understand how to do it. I watch half of the video leaning on the counter until I finally decide I know enough and I should get started. I wash my hands and lift my shirt taking my arms out of the sleeves and letting the shirt rest on my shoulders. I grab the pumps and latch them to each boob and grab my phone to have something to do while I wait. I'm brought to my sense's when I hear a door open and footsteps coming closer and realize Ethan is still her. I quickly put my phone down and angle myself so he doesn't see me but when I look over I realize he already has.

"I'm sorry, but is it okay if I do this here?" I ask nervously.

"Of course." He says.

"You're not uncomfortable or anything are you?" I question and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Why would I be uncomfortable?"

"Because my boobs are literally out in the middle of your kitchen." I say laughing and he smiles.

"It's your kitchen too you live here, and it's fine what your doing is natural and it's for Riley." He says and I smile. I love how much he loves Riley, even though he hasn't said it I know he does by his actions.

"How long do you have to sit there for?" He asks.

"Fifteen to twenty minutes." I say signing and he laughs. He walks to the couch in the living room so I start to get slightly more comfortable and relax a bit. My tomorrow goes off so I take off the pumps and empty the milk into the bags and place them in the fridge and put my shirt back on so I can go sit with Ethan.

"Is she sleeping?" I ask and he nods. We sit in another silence watching whatever movie Ethan put on. The silence breaks when we hear crying from my room and we both get up to check on Riley. I walk in first so I grab her out of her crib and take a bib with me on my way back out so I can give her a bottle to calm her down. I put the bib around her neck as I walk to the kitchen and grab one of her pre made bottles to give to her. Once the bottle is heated up a bit I sit back down on the couch with Riley and give it to her and as soon and I do she stops crying and I smile. I look up to see Ethan starting bat me from the hallway smiling as well.

"What?" I ask.

"I like seeing you like this." He says and I raise an eyebrow.

"Like what?"

"Happy, after the shit you've gone though while pregnant you finally get to see her and it's like all of that washes away." He says coming to sit next to us on the couch.

"Oh, well thank you." I say smiling as he sits down. We sit in silence staring into each other's eyes and I take it in. I know it shouldn't happen but I want it to. He licks his lips subconsciously and I smile and lean in. Our lips connect and he relaxes into it. I like this kiss better than the others. One that's not finally after some kind of fight, this one is different. We're both happy. Ethan breaks from this kiss going down to my neck causing a breathily moan to come out of me.

"You know, since you're not pregnant anymore we can go a lot more than just kiss." He says and I laugh pushing him off of me.

"You won't be getting any of that for a while considering the state my body is in right now." I say laughing.

"I'm sure your beautiful, I saw enough just a couple minutes ago, I'm not opposed to seeing more." He says and I smile.

"Shush." I say playfully smacking his arm and he laughs. I take the bottle out of Riley's mouth and place her over my shoulder so I can burp her. Once she burps I stand up so I can put her back to sleep. When she falls asleep I walk back into the living and sit with Ethan.

"So, are you gonna take my offer?" He asks.

"Not tonight I'm exhausted." I say coming closer to him and placing my head on his shoulder.