'It's happening'

K a t e l y n

It's been a few days since the baby shower and to say the vibe in the house is uncomfortable is an understatement. It's been so unbearable to sit in the house with Ethan. I've tried to talk to him and he just seems extremely distant like he doesn't want me there, so I've been at Zoey's house for the past 3 days.

"Kay, do you want some pancakes for breakfast?" I hear Zoey yell from down the hall.

"Yea, sure!" I yell back.

"How many?"

"Just two!" I say then get back to getting dressed. Zoey and I have planned to go out today since we've been stuck in the house ever since the baby shower, and if you're wondering about what happened to Melissa all I can say is nothing happened.  Well nothing important. I've gotten a few death threats, insults, and name calling messages from her and don't let me not forget the 30 missed calls, but only because she thinks Ethan and I are dating not because she's apologizing, and for the record neither am I. Both of the things we said about each other are true, so there's no reason to apologize. I throw on some gray sweatpants and an oversized T-shirt and walk out of the guest room that Zoey said I could sleep in and make my way down the hall to the kitchen.

"Finally you're done getting dressed." Zoeys says glancing at me as she continues cooking the pancakes.

"Oh shut up, what are we doing today?" I ask making myself a cup of water.

"I don't know, what do you wanna do? And do you need more clothes from Ethans today, because I promise won't be here tomorrow." She asks.

"No, last time I went I packed clothes to last for a while, and where are you going?"

"I'm going to Jaidens house this weekend." Jaiden is Zoeys boyfriend, they've been together since I met Zoey and probably longer. They're literally like soulmates and I hope to find love like theirs one day.

"Kate, you don't plan on like, living..here do you? She asks looking back at me with a concerned look.

"No, I'll only stay for like an extra day then go back to Ethans, I just didn't want to go back because Ethan has been acting weird ever since the party."  I say.

"What do you mean?"

"He's been distant and not talking to me at all, and when I try to talk to him it feels like I'm annoying him."

"I mean, you kind of did just ruin his relationship with his sister." She says.

"Oh shush, I didn't say he was my boyfriend, he did."

"But you let him be all touchy with you in-front of her." She says.

"Ok woman I get it, it's my fault." I say rolling my eyes and Zoey laughs.

After eating Zoey and I decided to go to the mall and go out to eat before she had to leave to got to Jaidens. I got a few things for the baby and thing for myself as well. Zoey got like a million dresses so she should show them to Jaiden, even though he was on FaceTime when she was looking for the dresses. 

"Where do you want to sit?" Zoey asks holding all of her bags in one hand and her food in the other.

"Umm, we can sit over here." I say pointing to the free table towards the back of the food court. Once we sat down I let out a wince indicating that I was in pain.

"You okay?" Zoey asks freezing and looking at me in concern.

"Yea I'm fine, I've just been having these cramps that just come and go for the past 30 minutes." I say taking deep breaths waiting for the pain to go away.

"Where is it hurting and how far apart are they?" She asks with her eyes widened.

"They're in my back and lower abdomen and what do you mean how far apart?"

"Like minutes, when one passes how long until the other comes?" She asks moving her hands around.

"I don't know, like 3 minutes maybe." I say and Zoey jumps out of her chair.

"We're going to the hospital." Zoey says.

"Zoey, you're scaring me is something wrong?" I say starting to get extremely worried.

"Katelyn, don't freak out and stay calm, but you might be going into labor right now." She says and my eyes widen. She grabs our bags and practically drags me through the mall all the way to her car. When we finally get her car and we start driving the pain gets even worse. Like someone was repeatedly stabbing and punching me in my back.

"It's gonna be okay Katelyn I swear." I hear the faint voice of Zoey say.

"Call him please."  I say trying to calm down and catch my breath.

"Who? Ethan?" She says and I nod, then I see her pull out her phone and dial the number.

"Deep breaths, babe it's gonna be okay I promise." She says and I follow directions.