'Meeting Riley'

Katelyn

After a long night of endless crying I wake up to the sun peeking through the window and landing on my face. I groan turning my face into my pillow avoiding the sun. After about 5 minutes I decided to get out of bed so I can take get of Riley and finish catching up on work. I walk to her crib and see she's not there and panic immediately floods through me as I rush out of my room. I rush into the kitchen and my panic washes away when I see Ethan holding Riley as he pours a cup of coffee in to cup.

"I thought someone kidnapped Riley, you know?" I tell him making him aware of my panic.

"I'm sorry, I heard her crying all night and I know you were up with her so I took her this morning so you could get some sleep. I'm sorry if I'm overstepping." He says handing me the cup of coffee I saw him pouring.

"No, thank you the sleep was much needed, just next time tell me when you take her." I say and he nods.

"How was she?" I ask.

"Great, I fed her and she went right to sleep." He says coming towards me to place a kiss on my lips causing me to blush.

"Do you think it's a good idea to invite Evan to see her?" I ask. Although I want nothing to do with Evan, I still want him to have a good relationship with Riley because she his his daughter as much as she is mine.

"I think it's a good idea, but don't do it because I say it's a good idea, it's up to you." He says and I nod.

"Can he meet her here?" I ask.

"Yea of course." He says rocking Riley in his arms because she's starting to wake up which causes me to smile.

"You're really good with her." I say smiling.

"I try."'he shrugs and I let out a breathily laugh.

"What about Melissa?" I ask and he gives me a confused look.

"Should I invite Melissa to meet her?" I clarify.

"Well I would be a little bias on that answer because she is my sister." He shrugs and I nod. I decided to just settle for Evan meeting Riley for now so I text him offering for him to meet us here at 3 and surprisingly he agrees. I take Riley from Ethan so I could bathe her and get her dressed before Evan gets here. Although Evan and I aren't on exactly good terms I'm kind of excited and happy that there's a possibility that Riley and her father will have a relationship. After her bath I put her in a baby pink onesie to match her hat. I place her in her crib when I'm done dressing her so I can get in the shower myself. After my shower I put on a pink cropped sweater to math Riley and some black sweat pants. When I finish up I go to the living room and sit next to Ethan.

"Are you gonna stay when he gets here?" I ask and he looks over to me.

"If you want me to." He says and I nod.

"Do you want me to stay?" He asks and I nod.

"Then I will." We watch the show that's playing on the TV for a while before the doorbell rings. I figured it was Evan so I go to answer the door while putting on the best smile I could. But my smile drops when I realize Melissa is behind him.

"I thought it was just you?" I ask. The slight irritation in my tone.

"We were already hanging out today and I figured she could just come with." Evan says and I nod slowly. I take a few deep breaths to calm down, because even though I only invited Evan to see Riley, this house is her brothers so I have no right to be upset.

"Alright then, come in I'll go get her." I say and they come in. They all sit on the couch. Melissa talking to Ethan and Evan joins in. I bring out Riley and the attention immediately goes to her as I walk in the living room. I take a seat in between Ethan and Evan. Next to Ethan for comfort and next to Evan so he can see his daughter.

"She has your eyes." I say and he nods mesmerized by her. I look behind me to Ethan and he looks at her with just as much love as I do before he looks up and me and places a soft kiss on my lips.

"Can I hold her?" Evan asks and I nod. I adjust his hands so he can hold her correctly and place her in his arms.

"She's beautiful." He whispers and I smile. I'm glad she has to affect on him as well. And the ways he's mesmerized by her right now tells me that Riley will get the chance to grow up with her father in her life and that makes me happy.

"Katelyn, I'm really sorry about the things I said about you, you know the whole faking the pregnancy thing. I see now that the pregnancy was very real." He says and I laugh.

"It's fine Evan I'm just happy you get to meet her." I smile. I turn around to see Melissa staring at her as well.

"Do you want to hold her?" I ask softly. She looks at me for a moment before shaking her head no and I shrug. At least I asked. We all sit for a while as Evan holds her and we all engage in small talk, but she starts to wake up so I grab her from Evan and try to rock her. But when she starts crying I realize she's hungry and subconsciously I hand her to Ethan so I can get her bottle.

"He's held her?" Melissa asks following to the kitchen.

"Who?" I ask confused.

"My brother." She confirms and I nod.

"Yea, of course he has." I smile Grabbing Riley's bottle out of the refrigerator.

"I see what you're trying to do, Katelyn so you better stop now." She says firmly and the confuse look on my face returns.

"What am I trying to do?" I ask.

"You're trying to baby trap my brother." She says and I laugh.

"I think the baby would have to be his for me to baby trap him Melissa." I say walking back to the living to see Ethan rocking her. My heart melts again at the view. I hand him the bottle and he feeds it to her as I tell Evan more about his daughter.