𝟓| 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

CHAPTER FIVE:

LEAVING THE TOWER

THE SUN WAS still up as the two thieves had began to make their way down the tower the same way they had climbed up it earlier

THE SUN WAS still up as the two thieves had began to make their way down the tower the same way they had climbed up it earlier. Still at the window, Rapunzel clutched her hair as she glanced down, watching as Y/n and Flynn climbed their way down. Y/n was a bit further than her best friend, not seeming to have as much trouble as he was. Flynn glanced down at her, letting out a groan upon seeing how far he was from the ground.

"Are you coming, blondie?" Flynn calls up to Rapunzel.

Y/n glances up at the blonde, seeing her peaking over the edge. After about a minute, suddenly, Rapunzel's hair was flowing down the tower and out the window, passing the two thieves before the blonde was sliding down her hair. Y/n watched from over her shoulder as Rapunzel stopped right above the grass, reluctantly placing one of her bare feet on ground. Next thing the thieves knew, Rapunzel was rolling around on the ground, a giant smile on her face.

Just as Y/n places her boot covered feet on the grass, Rapunzel was chasing a bird as she ran into the tunnel that hid the tower away from the rest of the outside world. Flynn soon drops beside his best friend, the two sharing a glance before they followed the blonde, slowly coming out of the tunnel in case the horse from before would be around. Their only sight was Rapunzel talking to herself as she held a big smile on her face.

"I can't believe I did this!" Rapunzel exclaims, gasping. "I can't believe I did this. I can't believe I did this! Mother would be so furious."

🦎

Further away from where they had been, Flynn and Y/n stood side by side as they watched Rapunzel who was sitting on a rock, a petal she had gotten from the small river that was around her as she held it in her palms.

"But that's okay. What she doesn't know won't kill her, right?" Rapunzel states, seeming to speak to the petal.

Flynn glances at Y/n who held her arms crossed as she stared at the back of Rapunzel's head with slight narrowed eyes, almost like she was in deep thought of something at the moment.

🦎

The tunnel Rapunzel sat in was dark, but there was a bit of light from the sun from the outside where Y/n and Flynn stood, watching as Rapunzel rocked herself back and forth, her knees tucked into her chest as she thought of her previous words.

"Oh, my gosh! This would kill her." Rapunzel cries out, her voice echoing throughout the cave.

🦎

Back out of the cave, Flynn was standing by himself as he held a blank expression, looking at his fingernails. Y/n stood a few feet away from him with Pascal on her shoulder, the e/c eyed thief holding a very beautiful flower in her hand. Just then, Rapunzel runs by right in front of her, kicking a large pile of leaves.