𝟏𝟏| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

CHAPTER ELEVEN:

THE REALIZATION

THE TOWER WAS QUIET, only the sound of Gothel humming being heard throughout the entire place

THE TOWER WAS QUIET, only the sound of Gothel humming being heard throughout the entire place. It was a bit dark than usual, the lights being off and the only light being seen was the sun that had came out and into the sky from the window that Rapunzel grew up looking out of. On the top floor, Y/n and Rapunzel could be seen sitting on Rapunzel's bed, Gothel right behind both of them.

Gothel had insisted on Y/n staying for a bit, more than a day, even more than a week she had insisted. Y/n was to quiet, yet devastated to disagree, so she only nodded. At least she still had Rapunzel. Gothel also insisted on taking their hair out of the braids the four little girls had made back at the town. Y/n's was already out and Gothel took the last flower out of Rapunzel's hair, the blonde glancing at her friend who sat beside her sadly.

"There. It never happened." Gothel states as she tosses the flower in the basket before standing up, taking it with her. "Now, wash up for dinner. I'm making hazelnut soup. Y/n, I hope you like that."

Just as she goes to step out of Rapunzel's bedroom, she turns around in hopes of the e/c eyed girl answering to her statement, hoping she liked the food she had said. However, Y/n was staring down at her clutched hands while Rapunzel stared at her sadly.

Gothel sighs. "You know, I really did try, Rapunzel. I tried to warn you what was out there. The world is dark and selfish and cruel. If it finds even the slightest ray of sunshine, it destroys it."

And with that, she closes the curtains, leaving the two girls inside the bedroom. Rapunzel watches as Y/n opens up her clutched hands, revealing the purple cloth Eugene had bought back at the town. In the middle was a bright yellow sun. Hearing a squeak beside her, Y/n peaks over, seeing both Rapunzel and Pascal staring at her sadly. Pascal was in-between the girls, resting one of his paws on her leg, leaning his head on it as well.

Y/n could only give them both a sad smile before she fell back, her back hitting the mattress of the bed. Rapunzel followed, holding her hand out for Y/n to grab, which she does. Both stare up at the ceiling, Rapunzel's brows suddenly furrowing in confusion, yet curiosity. Releasing her hand from Y/n's, the blonde places her hands on top of the other girl's, holding it upwards and moving it down, reciprocating those actions a few times before Rapunzel sat up.

Y/n watched as she seemed to be focused on many flowers that were painted on the ceiling of her bedroom. She followed her gaze, then glancing at the cloth in her hand. She could see what Rapunzel could see. The golden flower on the cloth, the same one that was always above hers and Rapunzel's crib when they were babies. The same flower that had been above her bed when she was a child and she lived in the castle.

Rapunzel let out a quiet gasp, head snapping towards Y/n. By the look on the green eyed girl's face, Y/n immediately knew what she was thinking. And in response, she nodded in confirmation, standing up from the bed. At the confirmation, Rapunzel stumbled back, hitting her dresser. The king... the queen... her parents. Y/n... the thief...