𝟗| 𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞

CHAPTER NINE:

A TOWN DANCE

THE BIRDS WERE chirping in the air, flying around as they were waking people up for the morning

THE BIRDS WERE chirping in the air, flying around as they were waking people up for the morning. The sun was up, the blue sky replacing the night sky. The trio could be seen, sleeping in each of their own spots, the fire now out as hours had gone by. The sound of Eugene screaming is what caused Y/n and Rapunzel to shoot up, their eyes snapping open, wondering why Eugene was screaming.

Their heads snap to the sound of his screams, seeing the palace horse he had fought with earlier dragging him away. The animal's teeth was latched onto Eugene's boot while the girls ran forward, both grabbing each of Eugene's hands. After a couple seconds, they were able to get them apart, Eugene's boot popping off his foot in the process, revealing his bare foot now out and not hiding inside his brown boot.

Rapunzel quickly stood up when she saw the horse speed towards the two thieves, stopping right in front of the animal, her hands up. Eugene and Y/n's eyes widen when the horse seemed to have calmed down as he stared at Rapunzel.

"Now sit. Sit!" Rapunzel instructs to which he obeys. "Now drop the boot. Drop it." The horse obeys and she awes. "You're such a good boy! Yes, you are! You all tired from chasing these bad people all over the place?"

As she continues to coo, the sound of a thump is what made her and the horse look over. Y/n had tried to back up in fear of the horse hurting her or Eugene, but she ended up falling to the ground when she tripped over a log, back against a tree. The horse stepped away from the blonde, gaze hardening just a bit. Y/n leaned back more against the tree when the horse placed his face in front of hers.

She watches as he seemed to examine her, examining her long hair like he had done with Rapunzel before he stared into her eyes. What Y/n didn't expect was for him to nudge his snout against her face, a slight smile appearing. Glancing to Rapunzel, she slowly brings her hand onto his mane when the blonde nodded at her. The horse seemed to enjoy it as he snuggled against her a bit. While she pet him, Y/n caught sight of the name 'Maximus' that was around his neck.

"Maximus?" Y/n reads, making the horse look at her. "Is that your name?"

When he happily trots around, that was her confirmation that it was her name. The girl chuckles, slowly standing up in case of anything. She relaxes when he nudges his snout against her face again, making her and Rapunzel chuckle.

"You've got to be kidding me. You like him now?" Eugene asks in disbelief, making the horse glare at him.

Rapunzel steps in-between them. "Look. Today is kind of the biggest day of my life, and the thing is, I need you to not get either of them arrested. Just for twenty-four hours, and then you and Eugene can chase each other to your hearts content. And Y/n, if you want to. Okay?"