{ 2 }

"It feels so good to finally lay down on my own bed!" I said stretching "rest mija. Tomorrow we have to go visit your cousins."
"Do we have to papá? I want to explore the village!" "You can explore the village after you see your cousins." I sighed "Okay papá, now shoo I'm tired. I need sleep" he chuckled "good night Y/n." He closed my bedroom door and with that I was fast asleep.

• Morning

My family and I were outside waiting for my cousins to answer the door.

"Mariana*! It's so good to see you!" She gasped "this must be y/n! Do you remember me? You were seven when I last saw you!" My aunt said "Hola Tía Rosa! Im good but where are my cousins, I need to see them!" "Ah, they're in the back on the trampoline" I nodded and headed to backyard

"Primos! Your favorite cousin is here!" I announced myself "Prima N/n!" They all ran up to me and hugged me tightly "Okay okay, calm down! I need to go explore the village but I'll come back tomorrow!" I waved goodbye as they sobbed trying to get me to stay.

"Ma! Can I explore the village now?" "Of course Y/n but take these to the house on the hill." She handed me a basket filled with art's and crafts "Rosa was going to go but since you're going already it will just be easier" I nodded and she kissed my forehead

• VILLAGE •

I looked around fascinated at the decorations.
The trees were either covered in lights or delicious looking fruit! One tree stuck out the most, it was the mango tree. The mangos were almost ready but not quite. The grass was beautiful and well taken care of. With a pink purple flower field, but as I kept on walking there was a patch of cactus and some palm trees. "Huh, why are these here?" I asked myself. I saw a sign on it which said
"The perfect imperfect trees. -Isabela"

Walking back to the houses to keep looking I was amazed at the decorations "Wow!" I was completely breath taken "this place is amazing!" "Yeah, it is amazing isn't it!" When a voice suddenly interrupted. I looked to the right side of me to see a boy with brown curly hair, brown eyes, and freckles across his nose and cheeks. "Oh hello! And yeah everything here is so gorgeous! I'm Y/n!" The boy turned around and turned into me. I dropped the basket and tripped over it "It's me! Thats me!" I said excitedly but somewhat scared "I'm going crazy! There is no way he just turned into me!" I thought to myself I started picking up the basket and the crafts that fell from it.

When I looked up after picking things up I saw the boy again. He offered his hand to help get me on my feet "Why did you fall over?" He chuckled, I took his hand and got on my feet wiping the dirt from my clothes
"because im either sleep deprived or I saw you turn into me!" He smiled nervously and said "Guilty, I'm actually a shape shifter, I can turn into people. All my family has a power except for one but that's okay."

"Powers? Yeah right, I may be new but I'm not dumb. Powers don't exist" he again turned jnto me using my voice "powers dont exist" mocking the way i said it . Hesitant I believed him but only because it was the most logical thing . "You never told me your name" "Oh right, im Camilo!" "Well nice to meet you Camilo"

Camilo once again turned into me making my clone do stupid things which he seemed to enjoy. "Haha, very funny Camilo, but you don't have to be someone else to be funny. Be yourself" i looked over at the boy who was taken back a bit but soon brushed it off. I rolled my eyes at him "im going to continue to look around. Are you coming?" He shook his head "abuela wants me at the house. If anything I could get in trouble for being late!" He said his goodbye and ran off.

This village is really pretty! Oh right, I have to deliver these to the house on the hill.

I eventually made it to the house

Knocking on the door I yell "delivery!" The door opens and im met with a girl with hazel eyes, black curly hair, and visible dark shade of freckles on her nose and cheeks. She looked at me and the basket and smiled

"Yes! Are these the pins I bought from Rosa?" I nodded "Tell Rosa I said thank you! And also who are you?" She asked "Oh right! Im Y/n L/n! I just moved here with my family and they told me to deliver these to you"

"You have the most gorgeous e/c eyes!" "Thank you" I smiled at her

"Well since you're new come on in, abuela and the familia will be happy to meet someone new. My name is Mirabel!"

"Oh but first, this is Casita, they control the house you know" "Hola Casita!" I waved, the Casita waved back by opening and closing the window. I giggled to myself "im surprised you're not freaking out!" She seemed amused "well yeah, earlier I met this boy with powers" Mirabel looked shocked "someone else has powers? Who!" " His name is C-" i was cut off by the boy who I was just about to mention "she's talking about me Mirabel" Camilo said holding plates "Hey Y/n! Come on in!" I nodded and went inside.

"Abuela, look! A new person just moved in!" Mirabel excitedly said to an older woman. "Si Mirabel I know." The lady didn't even turn around, instead she kept on organizing the table. "Hi, I'm Y/n" I nervously said. She looked shocked and turned around "Yes I know, I'm Elma but everyone calls me Abuela." I nodded "join us for dinner yes? Mirabel keep her company until dinner is ready." Abuela demanded. "Si abuela. Come on Y/n" I followed Mirabel around the house until I heard

"Hey don't forget me! I'm also here and happen to be Y/n's friend!" Camilo screamed. "Camilo! Please quiet down, my ears are sensitive!" A woman with curly brown hair and brown eyes said quietly. "Oh, hello" She quickly said and went back into her room "that's Dolores, Camilo's older sister." Mirabel informed me "her ears are strong enough to hear even the quietest noise like she did with Luisa's eye twitching."

"Who's Luisa?" I asked "Oh that's my older sister! She has super strength and can carry building ten times bigger than her!" Mirabel said making a BOOM sound sounding impressed "woah! That's so cool!"

Then a girl with tan skin, hazel eyes, and long softly curled black hair appeared . "And that is Isabela. My oldest sister! She can conjure and grow plants, causing flowers to bloom!" And it reminded me of the cacti and palm trees I had seen earlier. "It must've been her to made all that!" I thought to myself

A woman with curly red hair, and green eyes and a dark-skinned Latino who has a black-and-grey afro were seen talking about the dinner tonight.
"That's Tía Pepa and Tío Félix. Pepa can control the weater depending on her emotions!"

"Tía Pepa! Tío Félix! This is Y/n!" They both said their hello and continued their conversation slowly making their way outside.

"They have another kid or also Camilo's baby brother Antonio. Antonio can communicate with animals which is really helpful!" Mirabel said shining like the sun "Oh we can't forget about Bruno! Thats our uncle, he can see into your future! Cool right?" I nodded amazed "also my mom can heal people with her cooking! And we can't forget about my dad. He mostly gets stung by bees which means that my mom would have to heal him every once in a while with quesadillas. The family is pretty amazing!!"

"Wow Mirabel! Your family sounds like fun! But you never told me your power" I questioned "Mirabel didn't get a power" Camilo spoke "Oh, but that's not a bad thing Mirabel! That makes you unique in this family" I smiled "Thank you Y/n. I never looked at it that way" "No problem Mirabel. What should we do now?" I asked

"Hmm" Mirabel kept on thinking when she blurted out, "Casita! Lead us somewhere fun!" And with those words Mirabel spoke we were lead to the rooftop

Mariana* - Your mom's name
Rosa- your aunt's name

A/N- hopefully you enjoyed this, im mostly writing it for myself but if other people want to read it then go on ahead! If I made any mistakes or was offensive when describing a character please let me know and I'll fix it. Thank you <3