{ 6 }

Italics is what Dolores hears

I looked at the floor letting the tears escape my eyes. I left the dining room and went to my room. Locking it, letting no one in or myself out.

• downstairs, Dolores's POV •

"Mamá! That was out of line!" Mi mamá yelled at Abuela "it needed to be done Pepa. It was for the family!" "What was for the family? Camilo wasn't hurting anyone!" Mirabel defended "he was harming this family, Mirabel!" Abuela said

Thanks to my power I could hear Y/n from her room.

"Y/n it's okay, look we can make new friends okay?" A unfamiliar voice said "no Santiago! I want Camilo. He's my friend. I can't lose him!" Y/n sobbed uncontrollably "Cheer up Prima. That old hag has nothing on you! Okay?" Y/n just continued to sob, hiccuping in between them.

"Let's go prima, to our spot okay?" I could hear Y/n hum her response.

Poor Y/n, I felt bad. Abuela did step out of line.

I could hear Camilo sobbing in his room. Muttering nothing but nonsense. I could hear him throwing things in his room trying not to disrupt anything. As he cried I could hear him squeaking in his sobs. Then it stopped. "I'm sorry, Y/n" was all he said before drifting off to sleep.

I snapped out of it. Now listening to the commotion happening in front of me.

Realizing that we were all soaking wet because of mama's thunderstorm. Everything was out of their place.

"He was slacking off. All I did was help him. It was Y/n's fault." "They're 15! They're teenagers, they're going to rebel against rules that YOU set for them" Mirabel yelled. "I don't have time for this. I want everyone to clean up." With that Abuela left to her room. Obviously mad about her own family going against her.

"Can you hear him Dolores?" I looked confused at papá wondering what he meant. "Camilo" I made an 'o' face and nodded. "Well?" "He's crying, well he was but he fell asleep." Both mamá and papá sadden. "Let's cheer up okay! Let's start cleaning and-" Mirabel was interrupted by Tía Julieta. "Mirabel is right. Let's clean up." We all nodded and started cleaning.

Papá and Tío Agustín were sweeping the floors while Mirabel and Isabela were cleaning the table. Luisa was getting towels to dry up the walls and ceiling because of mama's thunderstorm. Tía Julieta and mamá were picking up the food while Tío Bruno and Papá were moving everything back to its original place.

"Are we going to talk about it?" Mirabel suddenly spoke "talk about what?" Tío Agustín replied "the elephant in the room"

I felt my a tug on my clothes and looked down to see Antonio. I knelt down to his level as he motioned for me to get closer. He whispered into my ear "Do I tell Mirabel that there is no elephant in the room?" I giggled realizing what he meant, whispering back "Tell her tomorrow okay?" He nodded and went off.

• after a while •

We finished cleaning. We all just looked at eachother not knowing what to do.

"Well it's getting late, let's go to bed" Tía Julieta said.

• Next Day •

"Camilo come on lets go!" I said banging on his door. "Camilo! You have chores, let's go!" Nothing.

I knocked on the door again and went in. That's when I saw Camilo under his blanket in fetus position.

"Camilo, get up!" I started tugging on his blanket and he resisted, not speaking a word. I sighed and walked towards the door "I hope you're okay" was all I said before leaving and closing the door.

"Is Camilo ready?" Mamá asked, I shook my head and she sighed. "I'll talk to him" I nodded at her and left to do my chores.

• next day, Y/n's POV •

"Hey Y/n, how you holding up?" Santiago asked, I looked at him and he came closer to me. "I'm okay" he looked at me and cupped my face "Y/n, you're not okay. Your eyes are all puffy and your nose is red" I looked away from him not wanting to make eye contact. "Did you get a good night sleep at least?" "I didn't sleep." "Y/n! Why not? If it's the Camilo situation-" I interrupted him and broke free from his hands on my face. "I'll tell you in a bit, let me get ready first"

I got up and went to the restroom but before I did I grabbed my dress. I went inside the restroom and saw myself in the mirror. Santiago was right, I looked horrible. I went closer to the mirror and touched my reflection. My eyes were all puffy from the crying. Every time I blink it stings, and my nose was red from the sniffling.

I splashed water on my face feeling a bit better. I brushed my teeth and put on my dress.

"Santiago, where are Christian and Jisela?" "Oh they went to the forest. They're collecting fruit since they want to try eating healthy"

I just nodded at him. "So are you going to tell me?" He said "oh, yeah give me a second" I got up and started looking around my room for a certain object. "Ah ha! I found it!" I pulled out the frame from Bruno's vision and showed Santiago. "A frame? With you crying?" He questioned. "What? No! It's a vision from Señor Bruno" he took the frame from my hand. "So what does it mean?"

"He saw my future, and this is what my future has for me" he started moving the frame to certain angles and he saw Camilo screaming and me crying. "So what does it have to do with you staying up?" "Okay listen!" I took a deep breath and started speaking "I thought that this is what Señor Bruno saw in his vision but then-" "then what?" "Stop interrupting me!" I hit Santiago with a pillow "Okay okay! Go on" I rolled my eyes at him "it doesn't make sense! If this is what he saw in the vision then it would show you guys comforting me but it doesn't" Santiago looked confused "meaning, Bruno's vision hasn't happened yet!"

A/n- yeha sorry for not uploading chapters ! I'll have chapters prepared before hand and try to upload them each day :)