New Years Special!! { }

"Y/n hun, your dad and I have some terrible news" Mom said looking extremely sad "what is it mamá?" They both looked at eachother with sad expressions neither of them wanting to speak up. "We won't be able to spend New years or New Years Eve with you"

My heart broke. "Why? We always spend it together! Is something wrong? I can help, let me help please!" Tears flooded my eyes, thinking about this. Do they not want to spend New years with me? Mom immediately pulled me into a hug dad doing the same. "Cariño, we want to spend it with you! But our job won't let us have the day off. I'm truly sorry" Mom started wiping the tears away with her thumb, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"Oh why don't you spend it with the Madrigal? They like you no?" My papá said "Sí they do!" "There you go then! Spend New Years with them. Now go to bed. It's late already" I nodded, mamá and papá both kissed me on the top of my head saying goodnight.

• Next Morning/ New Years Eve •

I woke up around 10am. As I got ready for the day, I put on my favorite dress and did my hair. I brushed my teeth and when I was done I went to get breakfast. "Mamá? Papá?" Silence. I checked in their room, outside, in the village and they weren't found anywhere. Eventually I gave up and when I looked at the fridge I found a note.

"Hola mi niña! Your dad and I had to leave earlier than we thought. We left you your favorite breakfast in the fridge. Heat it up if you want to. We love you!
xoxo
Mom & Dad"

Why didn't I check the fridge for any notes? I mentally slapped myself. I took the breakfast they had left me and (heat it up if you want to) ate it. Boy was it delicious!

I left the house and went to find Camilo and Mirabel. I looked everywhere but couldn't find them sadly. "Guess I'll be spending New Years alone" I sighed to myself when "alone? Amor spend it with me!" I turned around and saw Camilo smiling at me "Camilo! Where were you? I was looking for you!" He chuckled "I was in the forest helping Luisa with another Luisa" I made a hmph at him. "Ay amor, are you mad because I didn't tell you? I mean if you're mad I'll just leav-" "No! Just come here" I opened my arms for him and he raised his eyebrow0 in confusion. "What ? Never heard of a hug?" "Oh that's what you're doing! Duh, I thought you were planning a secret attack or something"

He walked towards me, melting into the hug. "Well do you want to spend New Years with me?" I nodded still hugging him. "Okay, well lets go!"

We spent New Years Eve walking around the village. Admiring the beautiful yellow and red decorations placed on the trees.

Most of the kids were playing with sparklers.
(Don't know if that's allowed, sorry if it isn't): )
Camilo eventually bought us some sparklers as well. He may be a teenager but he's still so childish. I stared at Camilo lovingly. He's so gorgeous. To his eyes, to his nose, to those lips. Every part of him is perfect. "Take a picture it will last longer" he laughed "oh shush!"

Eventually it was getting dark out meaning it was about to be 12! Camilo grabbed me by the hand and led me to the roof of Casita.

"Are you ready for the new year amor?" "Well kind of? I have you, Camilo. And also Mirabel, Dolores, Isabela, Luisa, Antonio!" He just looked at me smiling. "Well what are your new years resolutions?" He thought about it then spoke "I want my family to need me for me you know. It's always 'Camilo be that' 'Camilo we need another jose'. I'm tired of it. I want my family to see me.

I leaned towards Camilo. Whispering into his ear. "You're the most perfect when you're yourself" he smiled at me. Staring at me. "Take a picture it will last longer" I snickered "that's my line!" He said lightly punching my shoulder.

We heard the town people counting down from 10, meaning it was time.

"10!
9!
8!
7!
6!
5!
4!
3!
2!
1!"
And with that being said I pecked Camilo in the cheek. He looked at me grinning "you missed amor" he pointed at his lips and said "I'll show you how to kiss okay?" He leaned into me, I could feel the blood rushing to my face as he whispered "were you actually hoping for a kiss?" And with that he kissed my cheek.

"Happy New Year Amor" he grabbed my hand kissing it ever so lightly.

"Happy New Years, Camilo"