F I V E

A week can go by pretty fast when you're not really looking forward for what's to come

A week can go by pretty fast when you're not really looking forward for what's to come. As for Aurora and Damien, today was a day they weren't all too excited for.
The engagement party.

Since the party was going to be in the evening, Aurora had to visit the warehouse first thing in the morning to get a few mafia related things done. As she was busy at work, Drago, whom she recently found out his real name is Damien, was going to be moving in to the Valentino mansion today.

Things were starting to feel more real now. That this was actually happening.... she was actually engaged. Invitations had already been sent out for tonight's engagement party. It was going to be more like a important Mafia ball. Everyone the Valentino and Valerio's saw as enemies, partners, and allies, would be attending. It was also a way to show the Mafia world that they were forming an alliance through this marriage.

Once it was late afternoon, it was time for Aurora to start heading back home to get ready for tonight's event. Entering through her home gates, she sees 2 parked SUV's and assumes Damien was probably already here.

Entering through the doors, she is greeted by a few of her maids.

"Madonna, welcome home" one of her maids, Maria greets

Maria takes Aurora's coat off of her

"Grazie Maria" Aurora turns to face her with a small smile

Aurora was generally not a nice person. She couldn't give one single fuck or thought on someone else's feelings. She simply did not care. But when it came to her maids, she could never disrespect them or talk to them in a rude manner. And she would never tolerate anyone else who would. Because she did not see them as maids, but thought of them as family, her whole life.

"The Valerio son, Drago, is here. He arrived moments ago and we've helped him settle in... A few of the Valerio guards are also around the house. We showed him to the 2nd master bedroom, the one down the hall in front of your room since you had said he won't be staying with you. There's just one thing I need to-" before Maria can finish her sentence, a huge Doberman, emerges running and barking from the sitting area to the grand entrance where Aurora and Maria were standing by the doorway.

The aggressive dog was running towards Aurora and was about to jump at her, but he immediately stops when he hears a voice.

"Duke, Halt"

He doesn't attack but sits in-front of Aurora, still growling at her.

"... the dog" Maria finishes, looking up at her with a worried look

"I clearly see that now Maria" Aurora responded

And as if it was on cue, the mysterious voice who ordered the aggressive dog to not attack her, walks in.

"Well I see you've met Duke" the voice says, leaning against a pillar, crossing his arms over his chest.

"You didn't tell me you had a dog" Aurora dictated looking over at Damien in annoyance