E I G H T

Grabbing the towel on the bench, Aurora wipes away the sweat on her forehead from her workout

Grabbing the towel on the bench, Aurora wipes away the sweat on her forehead from her workout. She loved working our early in the morning, it kept her refreshed for the day to come.
Leaving the training centre that was beside her house, she walks out into the garden. The sun was up, the new day was starting.
As she walked through the pathway that led to her house, she hears Duke barking and then running up to her.

"Hi Duke" she smiles, kneeling to pet him as he comes up to her

He had a ball in his mouth and he drops it in front of Aurora.
"You wanna play?"

He pushed the ball with his nose towards her

Aurora grabs the ball in her hand and then throws it across. Duke runs after the ball.

Aurora loved animals. Her dad had a dog when she was younger and he was kind of like a friend to her when growing up. But after her dog died, she couldn't bare it to bring another.

She walks into the house from the back door where the mud room was, it then led to the kitchen. Aurora stops in the mud room to take of her shoes. Maria her maid and a few others were busy making breakfast in the kitchen.

"Good morning Sir, can I get you a coffee?" She hears Maria ask

'Great. The amazing Drago was up' she thought

'Yes. Extra cream' she hears him say in his groggy morning voice

She hears a chair moving, assuming maybe he's taking a seat on the stool at the kitchen island. Turning the corner, she leans against the wall, watching his back as he was sitting on the stool, not noticing she was behind him.

"Here you go sir" Maria says, putting down his cup of coffee

Damien doesn't thank her but picks up the cup, taking a sip. He immediately spits back into the cup, disgusted

"I said extra fucking cream, this is bitter. Can you not do your fucking job right?" he yells out pushing the cup back towards Maria

No words can explain the amount of anger that Aurora felt hearing his tone of voice towards Maria.
She steps away from the mud room corner and strides towards Damien

"HEY! Watch your fucking tone you son of a bitch" Aurora yells

"Great, if it isn't the little princess"

"Good morning to you too" she fakes smiles

Aurora turns to Maria who picks up the cup of coffee Damien had passed back to her.

"My apologies sir, I'll get you a new cup" Maria says but Aurora grabs her hand, stopping her from taking the cup

"No, put the cup down Maria" Aurora says sternly to her

"Madonna it's okay, please" Maria says gently

"Fermare Maria per favore. Being yelled at isn't part of your job" she says again and then turns to Damien who was standing on the other side of the kitchen island, shirtless, wearing only sweats that hung dangerously low.