6

Blake briefly took a bath and changed his clothes.  It was all because Rose was bothered by the blood on his arm.

He didn’t want her to be worried about him so he was about to button up his shirt and make his way to Rose’s room when he heard Edon’s voice.

“Your Highness, it’s me.”

“Come in.”

“The butler came to pick you up but there was no answer.”

“I was taking a bath.”

“I see. Viscount Dix has something important to tell you.”

“I don’t want to deal with them.”

Viscount Dix was one of those people who strongly protested in favor of Blake being moved to the southern island.

As soon as his curse was lifted, the people around him changed their stance, sending him congratulatory messages and gifts.

Blake had been invited to the Viscount’s mansion every time he came to the Valley of Chaos, but he had never responded.

“Your Highness, when the Door of Darkness disappeared, evil beings lurked all over the Valley of Chaos. The damage to the land is quite serious this time. I know you’re reluctant to talk to him, but why don’t you give him a chance for the sake of people on the land…”

“…alright.”

Blake had always acted alone. He was indifferent to others and hated it when they invaded his territory.

Only those who had been nice to Blake in his childhood were exceptions.

Edon was well aware of this.

His personality had changed a lot after Ancia went missing, but his kindness remained the same.

***

“Your Highness, welcome. I’ve been waiting.”

When Blake entered the dining room, Viscount Dix and Joanna greeted him with big smiles.

Why did he bring his daughter when he had something important to say?

Well, either way it was unlikely that he would express the people’s hardship as the lord of the land.

“I heard the people here have suffered a lot these days.”

Blake said as he looked at the food on the big table.

It was a luxurious meal enough to feed 10 people.

“Haha, but while you were staying in the Valley of Chaos, nothing happened. I’m sure the demons recognized the Emperor who was chosen by the goddess.”

Blake had seen an appeal Dix had written himself before.

He said that the damage on his land was severe because the Crown Prince, the heir to the curse, was being treated well in the palace so he asked for immediate compensation.

This year, however, he praised Blake even though the damage was far worse than before.

“This…”

When he was about to leave the place, he noticed a dark green vegetable in the salad.

This vegetable was very hard to get in this season.

When Blake recognized the ingredient, Joanna smiled.

“I heard Your Highness likes it, so I bought it for you.”

“How did you know I was coming today?”

“Everytime you visited the Valley of Chaos, we’d prepare this for dinner. We’ve been waiting for the day we would be able to serve you.”