17

Eventually, we reached the palace to celebrate the founding day.

‘I’m going to leave now…’

“You’re going away like this? Don’t go, Rose.”

But even before I could finish speaking, Blake pleaded with me to not leave, and my resolution ended up falling apart yet again. It would be easier if he treated me badly.

However, I couldn’t reject him. He looked like a rabbit abandoned in the rain.

When we first reunited, I thought he had changed a lot. But after 15 days together, I realized that I was wrong.

His appearance was different, but his personality was the same as before.

The carriage stopped in front of the Palace of Forens. The palace was familiar because it was originally the place where Blake and I were supposed to stay together.

Upon our arrival, numerous servants and knights came out to greet Blake.

There were so many people who served Blake now. This palace also looked ten times better than Amoria Palace. The number of servants was about the same as the amount of servants at the emperor’s palace. I felt very proud to see it.

Melissa stood in front of us. Even though seven years had passed, she was only in her late 20s. Her clothes were more luxurious than before, but unlike Edon, her appearance hadn’t changed much.

“Rose, let’s get off.”

I nodded at Blake’s words.

As Blake escorted me out of the carriage, people began to chatter. It’s probably because of my appearance. I was already used to people’s reactions now, but that didn’t mean I didn’t feel hurt.

“Ahem.”

Melissa coughed intentionally and then, the chaotic atmosphere settled down in a moment.

“I greet Your Highness, the light of the empire.”

Melissa greeted Blake and the other servants also followed.

“Melissa, everything’s fine, right?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“You must have had a hard time managing the palace.”

“No, I’m alright. But who is that?”

Melissa looked at me. She must be wondering since Blake had brought a woman back, but there was no sign of disgust on her face even after she saw my appearance.

“Rose, my special guest.”

“Nice to meet you, Miss Rose. I’m Melissa Reed, the head maid of the Crown Prince’s palace.”

Reed’ was Hans’ last name. These two got married. That’s great.

I smiled and gave a silent salute instead of answering. Melissa looked puzzled so Blake explained to her on my behalf.

“Rose can’t speak.”

“Oh, I see…”

“Prepare her room. Give her the room on the second floor.”

“The second floor?”

“Yes.”

If Blake hadn’t changed the locations of the rooms, then our bedroom was still on the second floor. And unless the head servant, head maid, or the Crown Prince invited someone specially, they could not use the same floor as the prince and his wife.