20

I went to my room and opened the book, but I couldn’t focus at all.

While I was away for seven years, Blake spent all his time at Amoria Palace, without ever attending the festival.

“If your curse is lifted and you’re tall enough to not get lost, then let’s go to the festival together.”

“Yes, we’ll definitely go to the festival together.”

It must be because of that promise…

It was because of me. If I had known this would happen, I would’ve never made such a promise.

According to Chelsea, Blake didn’t attend the imperial ball unless it was an important event. Even then, he would just show his face and leave quickly. He never danced with another woman.

I guessed that it was because of me again.

I shouldn’t have given any meaning to our first dance or festival…

Once the curse was lifted, he should’ve had fun and been happy. He should’ve attended festivals, enjoyed parties, and lived a happy life…

Tears rolled down my face and blurred my vision. I couldn’t make out the words in the book, but It wasn’t because of the tears.

I felt dizzy. How long could this body last?

I had to leave before I caused Blake any greater sadness, but I hadn’t built up the courage yet.

I had the confidence to survive alone outside the palace. It was the same in Korea.

After my grandmother passed away, I had to live alone. I had already experienced it once, so there would be a way to make money again somehow.

But if I left now, I would never see Blake again. So, I still hadn’t made up my resolve.

I wasn’t ready to leave him yet.

“Rose.”

I heard Blake’s voice following a knock on my door. I wiped my tears in a hurry, but Blake still saw it.

“Rose, what’s wrong? What’s the matter?”

From the sound of his voice alone I could tell how worried Blake was.

I quickly scribbled in my notebook.

— The story in this book is sad.

“Is it really because of that?”

I nodded my head as Blake pulled out a handkerchief and wiped my tears himself.

“It must be very sad.”

I nodded again.

“Shall we go outside and get some air?”

I looked at him in surprise. He wants to go outside? I heard Blake rarely went out unless he was going to the valley of chaos.

If I said I wouldn’t go, so would Blake. I hope he forgets our promises, becomes free of all traces of me.

Blake smiled brightly as I nodded.

“Actually, I prepared this.”

Blake gave me a white box. It contained a simple mask made of silver. It was the same shape that Blake used in the past.

“I don’t mind it, but if you want to, try this.”

He spoke cautiously, as if afraid that I’d hurt.

Blake was once cursed. He didn’t feel repulsed by my appearance, because he was also despised and hated for being a monster back then. As a person who had experienced the same thing, he was very considerate of me.