35

“You need to be careful. This is Ancia’s body,”

Ser touched the sword with her hands.

The sword pricked her finger and a drop of blood appeared on it. Blake hurriedly put his sword away. He still needed to protect Ancia’s body.

“Don’t be mad at me. I didn’t do anything, Ancia chose this herself.”

“What do you mean?”

“I gave her a chance but Ancia said no.”

Ser took Blake’s hand.

Blake tried to shake her hand off, but at that moment, something rushed into his head.

Ser had sent him some fragments of her memory.

He could see a little girl walking in the dark, relying on the faint light emitted by the Macul.

It was Ancia.

She must’ve lost her shoes somewhere. Her hands and feet were covered in wounds.

The light from the macul gradually faded away.

And the little girl eventually grew up to be a woman.

But she didn’t stop walking.

‘She has been walking in the door of darkness for seven years to lift my curse?’

Blake’s heart broke at the revelation.

He had searched desperately for Ancia, wondering where she was and how she was doing.

However, he had never imagined that for seven years she had been wandering around inside the door of darkness without stop.

But it was too soon to be sad.

“…I’ll kill the crown prince first. Then you’ll be on my side, right?”

After Ser broke out of her seal, she tried to kill Blake.

He didn’t know the exact reason because Ser didn’t give him the full memory.

However, since the goddess of light was betrayed by Phillip and was sealed inside the door of darkness, Blake could guess that she resented him because he was a descendant of Phillip.

“No, Ser! Please don’t! I love him! He’s the one I love! Please, Ser!”

Ancia pleaded.

“All this for love! Isn’t that funny? If he’s that precious, then give me your life instead.”

“I’ll give it to you.”

“You’re lying.”

“I’m not. Kill me right now. But in exchange for my life, don’t touch him.”

Ancia was willing to give up her life to protect Blake.

She managed to save her own life but lost her body to the goddess. She also lost her voice.

[If you stain the sword with the Crown Prince’s blood, I will give you back what’s yours. Your beautiful body, your voice, your language ability, the power of light, you can have everything back!]

The goddess gave Ancia a chance, but Ancia rejected her offer.

‘I don’t need it.’

She gave up everything for Blake even though she knew that she could only live for a hundred days.

The surroundings brightened and Blake could see Sephia Palace again.

The goddess of light, whom Ancia called Ser, said while crying, “Everything was Ancia’s choice. I gave her so many chances but she always refused.”