25

When I went out of the Foren Palace, I could see Blake following me from behind.

He looked at me and then ran towards me with a big smile.

“Why are you out here in the cold?”

He tidied up my hair that had been blown into a disheveled mess by the wind.

Even though I was not in my original body, he was still kind to me.

I took his hand.

“Do you have something to say?”

I nodded hurriedly and opened my mouth.

‘I…’

I was going to say ‘I am Ancia’, but for some reason, I couldn’t.

It wasn’t just that.

My limbs went stiff as if I was paralyzed, and I couldn’t even lift a finger.

“It’s okay. Whatever you say, I’ll believe you. So feel free to tell me.”

“……”

I wanted to tell him.

I’m the real one. I’m the real Ancia. I had to say it, but I couldn’t open my mouth.

Was it because I was sick? No, this was different. I couldn’t move a muscle as if someone was controlling my body.

‘No way…’

Did Ser restrict me from saying that I was Ancia? Since when?

“Rose, let’s go in.”

I had turned stiff so he carefully hugged me, looking worried.

I went back to the room as I was held in his embrace. Blake put me in bed and took off my mask.

“You must have been tired because you went outside today. Take rest.”

I shook my head.

Why did Ser do this to me? Was she thinking of pretending to be me from the start?

Whether I accepted her terms or not, was she already planning to become me?

My heart beat unsteadily.

It was okay even if no one knew I was Ancia, but everyone had to know that Ser was not Ancia

‘She…’

But my body stiffened up again.

Not only could I not say that I was Ancia, but I couldn’t even say that Ser was a fake?

I was about to go to bed right away, but Blake grabbed me.

“Rose. Don’t strain yourself. Take a good rest today.”

His face was full of his worries.

‘I’m going to write…’

I barely managed to let out those words.

Fortunately, I could say other words besides the fact that I was Ancia and Ser was a fake.

“Okay.”

Blake brought my notebook and pen.

Even if I couldn’t speak. I could write.

But I couldn’t.

As soon as I grabbed the pen, I couldn’t think of any letters. I couldn’t write as if my head went blank.

Was this why she took my voice and language skills?