Chapter Twelve

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

    Sam, Natasha, Steve and I have been on the hunt for Rumlow for six months and we have finally got a location. "Lagos, Nigeria. That's where Rumlow is. We go and we lay low. Y/n and Natasha, you two will go undercover and be civilians in a local outdoors café. I'm also going to have Wanda join us. She'll be undercover in the café as well." Steve informed us. We nodded as we boarded the quinjet.

***

    I pour a sugar packet into my tea, sterling it us, as I look around. Wanda, Natasha and I were sitting at three separate tables. "All right, what do you see?" Steve asked, though comms. "Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda answered.

    "There's an ATM on the south side of the corner, which means?" Steve asked. "Cameras." I answered. "Both cross streets are one-way." Steve said. "So, compromised escape roots." I said, setting my tea cup on the table.

    "Means out guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked. "Yeah, the red one?" Wanda asked. "It's cute." I added.

    "It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said, sipping her tea from a table not far from Wanda's.

    "You guys know we can move things with our minds, right?" Wanda asked, sipping her tea. "Looking over your guys' shoulders needs to become second nature." Nat said. "Anybody tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked, through comms.

    "Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha sarcastically asked. "Eye's on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve said, earning a scoff from Sam.

    "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem." Sam said. "He kind of hates us." I added. "Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve said. Sam then released a drone from the back of his suit.

    "Give me X-ray." Sam told the drone. It scanned the truck then sent the information back to the sleeve of Sam's suit. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed." Sam said. "It's a battering ram." Natasha said.

    "Go now." Steve said. "What?" Wanda asked. "He's not hitting the police." Steve clarified. Sam jumped off the building he was looking out of, flying upwards. We watched as the truck crashed into the gate of the guard station, the Institute for Infectious Diseases.

Two more trucks drove through after the crash. Men in black suit armor and guns got out of the trucks shooting at the guards. They then shot some gas grenades into the building. They then put on gas masks walking into the building.

    Steve jumped down, hitting one of the men in the face with his shield. He then kicked the truck in front of him, knocking another man to the ground. He threw his shield at another man, causing it to bounce back to Steve.