Chapter Nineteen

Trigger Warning: Thanos and his children

Three months later

Y/n's POV

    Bucky and I were in the field playing with the goats, when I noticed T'Challa and Okoye walking over to us with some guards. "Buck." I said, nudging his arm. "What?" He asked, looking in the same direction as me. "Oh, I don't think this is good." He mumbled. "Let's go." I said, grabbing his hand and walking towards them.

    We met them at a cart surrounded by hay. One of the guards set a black case with gold details on the cart. Once he opened the case he stepped back, while Bucky and I stepped towards it. Inside the case was a black and gold metal arm. "Where's the fight?" Bucky sighed. I rubbed his back in comfort.

    "On its way." T'Challa said. I nodded then shut the case. "Okay." I said. I then grabbed the case and grabbed Bucky's hand. We then started walking back to our little hut. "The fighting never ends." Bucky mumbled as we walked into the hut. I sighed, setting the case on the table.

    "I know, all you've done is fight. And baby, I wish we could just stay in this hut forever, but it clearly must be serious if T'Challa came down here with a new arm for you." I said, cupping his face. "I know, I know." He said, leaning into my hands. "Now, should we put this arm on you?" I smiled. "Mm-hmm." He hummed.

    I walked back over to the table and opened the case. I picked up the arm and almost dropped it. "Damn, that thing is heavy." I laughed. "You okay?" Bucky asked, taking the arm from me. "Yeah. They really should have put a 'made out of heavy material' label." I joked. "I think it's vibranium." Bucky said as he examined the arm. "Well, they should have put that in a warning label as well." I huffed. "You're adorable." Bucky smiled, kissing my cheek.

    Bucky then placed the arm near his shoulder and it connected. "That was a lot easier than I thought it would be." He said. "Yeah, they must have done something to your arm while you were under to make it connect easily." I shrugged. "We should probably go meet them at the palace." Bucky said. I nodded my head and intertwined my hand with his metal one. "Woah." lucky said. "What?" I asked, pulling my hand away.

    "No, no, no." He said, grabbing my hand again. "It's just...I can actually feel your hand." He said, squeezing my hand. "Really?" I asked, as I traced my hand up his arm. "Yeah." He smiled. He then ran his hand up my arm and cupped my face. "I love you." He said. "I love you, too." I smiled, as he kissed me softly. "Okay, we probably should go now." I laughed, pulling away from the kiss. Bucky nodded in agreement.

***

    As we were walking towards the palace we saw a Quinjet landing. "Huh, must be real serious if they have them coming." I said, as I watched Steve, Natasha, Sam, Bruce, Rhodes, Wanda, and Vision. "Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said. Then Bruce cleared his throat and took a bow. "What are you doing?" Rhodes asked.