Chapter Seventeen

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

    "What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked, looking down at the ground. Steve and I were quiet for a moment. "Whatever it is...We'll deal with it." Steve said. "I don't know if I'm worth all this, guys." Bucky said. I lifted my head up from his shoulder and cupped his face. "Baby, you're worth so much more than you think." I said, as tears welled up in my eyes. I then leaned up and pressed my lips onto Bucky's.

    "What you did all those years...it wasn't you." Steve said, I nodded in agreement. "You didn't have a choice." I added. "I know. But I did it." Bucky said, looking down at me. I gave him a sad smile, and kissed his cheek.

***

Once Steve landed the jet, I led Bucky over to where Natasha's guns are kept. "Here you go. Take your pick." I smiled. "He smiled back as he grabbed one of the guns. We walked over and stood next to Steve while the back of the jet slowly opened.

    "You remember that time we had to ride back from Rockaway Beach in the back of that freezer truck?" Steve asked, looking over at Bucky. "Was that the time you used our train money to buy hot dogs?" Bucky asked, with a small smile. "You blew three bucks trying to win that stuffed bear for a redhead." Steve said, earning a light laugh from Bucky.

    "What was her name, again?" Bucky asked. "Dolores. You called her Dot." Steve said. "She's gotta be a hundred years old right now." Bucky said, grabbing my hand. "So are we, pal." Steve said. "Ugh, don't remind me." I groaned, earning a laugh from the two old men.

    Steve patted Bucky's shoulder, before we left the jet. Bucky let go of my hand so he could be alert with his gun. We walked up to the entrance and saw that the doors were open. "He can't have been here more than a few hours." Steve said. "Long enough to wake them up." Bucky said.

    Steve walked in first, me second and Buck third. The three of us rode down in the elevator to the correct floor. Steve lifted up the gate, while Bucky held his gun out in front of him, and Steve had his shield up. I was in between the men as we walked down the hallway.

    We started walking up a set of stairs when we heard a loud thud behind us. We all turned around ready to fight. Bucky had his gun pointed in the direction of the sound, Steve had his Shield out to protect all of us, and a blue mist surrounded my hands.

    "You ready?" Steve asked, as we continued to hear noises. "Yeah." Bucky and I replied. "We watched the elevator doors be pried open to reveal Stark in his Iron Man suit. He slowly walks towards us as his helmet retracts into his suit.

    Steve walks down the few steps still ready with his shield. "You seem a little defensive." Stark said. "It's been a long day." Steve said. "At ease, Soldier. I'm not currently after you." Stark said, looking over at Bucky. "Then why are you here?" I asked, walking down the steps.

    "Could be your story's not so crazy. Maybe. Ross has no idea I'm here. I'd like to keep it that way. Otherwise, I gotta arrest myself." Stark said, leaning against a pole. "Well, that sounds like a lot of paperwork." Steve said, earning a scoff from Stark.