Chapter Twenty-Five

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

We were all out on the dock processing the news. "Do we know if she had family?" Tony asked. "We were her family. Us and her sister who was snapped away." I muttered, kicking a rock into the lake. "What?" Thor asked. "Huh?" Tony asked, turning to face Thor.

"What are you doing?" Thor asked, standing in front of Tony. "Just asked him a question." Tony said. "Yeah, no, you're acting like she's dead. Why are we acting like she's dead? We have the stones, right? As long as we have the stones...Cap, we can bring her back. Isn't that right? So, stop this shit. We're the Avengers. Get it together." Thor said.

"Can't get her back." Clint said, causing Thor to turn and face him. "What's he...? What?" Thor asked. "It can't be undone. It can't." Clint said, causing Thor to laugh. I gave him an unbelievable look, and shook my head. "Look, I'm sorry, no offense, but you're a very earthly being, okay? And we're talking about space magic. And 'can't' seems very definitive. Don't you think?" Thor asked, take a few steps closer to Clint.

"Yeah, look, I know that I'm way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn't here, is she?" Clint asked. "No, that's my point." Thor said. "It can't be undone. Or that's at least what the red, floating guy had to say. Maybe you wanna go talk to him, okay? Go grab your hammer and you go fly and you talk to him!" Clint said, raising his voice.

"It was supposed to be me. She sacrificed her life for that goddamn stone. She bet her life on it." Clint said. Bruce grunted and picked up a bench and threw it into the lake. "She's not coming back. We have to make it worth it. We have to." Bruce said. "I agree with Bruce." I said. "We will." Steve nodded.

***

Tony, Bruce and Rocket were working on making an infinity gauntlet for the stones. Once they were done they summoned all of us to the lab. We all showed up except for Nebula but I just shrugged it off. "All right, the glove's ready. Question is, who's gonna snap their freakin' fingers?" Rocket asked.

"I'll do it." Thor said, as he walked over. "Excuse me?" Tony asked. "It's okay." Thor said as he went to grab the gauntlet. "Stop, stop, stop. Slow down. " Tony said, as he and Steve stood in front of Thor, stopping him from reaching the gauntlet. "Thor. Just wait. We haven't decided who's gonna put that on yet." Steve said.

"I'm sorry. What, we're all just sitting around waiting for the right opportunity?" Thor asked. "We should at least discuss it." Scott spoke up. "Look, sitting here staring at the thing is not gonna bring everybody back. I'm the strongest Avenger, okay? So, this responsibility falls upon me. It's my duty." Thor explained.

"Normally, you're right. It's not about that." Tony said, as he stood in front of Thor. "It's not that." Thor said, as Toney shushed him. "Hey, buddy..." Tony started/. "Stop it! Just let me. Just let me do it. Just let me do something good. Something's right." Thor begged, resting his hand on Tony's chest.

"Look, it's not just the fact that that glove is channeling enough energy to light up a continent. I'm telling you. You're in no condition." Tony said, as Thor held onto his shoulders. "What do you think is coursing through my veins right now?" Thor asked.

"Cheez Whiz?" Rhodes asked, causing me to bite my lip to hold back a smile. Thor pointed at Rhodes before placing his hand back on Tony's shoulder and speaking. "Lightning." He said. "Yeah." Tony nodded. "Lightning." Thor repeated.

"Lightning won't help you, pal. It's gotta be me. You saw what those stones did to Thanos. They almost killed him. None of you could survive." Bruce said, as he walked over to the gauntlet. "How do we know you will?" I asked.

"We don't. But the radiation's mostly gamma. It's like...I was made for this." Bruce said, as he picked up the gauntlet. "Good to go, yeah?" Tony asked, looking up at Bruce. "Let's do it." Bruce said, looking down at Tony.

"Okay, remember, everyone Thanos snapped away five years ago, you're just bringing them back now, today. Don't change anything from the last five years." Tony explained. "Got it." Bruce nodded. We all stood at the ready. I surrounded myself with a shield. "Friday, do me a favor and activate Barn Door Protocol, will ya?" Tony asked, from his Iron Man suit.

"Yes, boss." Friday said, as metal walls covered all the windows, doors, and skyroofs in the compound. "Everybody comes home." Bruce muttered as he moved his hand to place it in the gauntlet. The gauntlet explained so it would fit around Bruce's hand.

Once the gauntlet was on, light ran through the veins in Bruce's right arm, as he groaned in pain, as he fell to his knee. "Take it off! Take it off!" Thor shouted. "No, wait. Bruce, are you okay?" Steve asked. Bruce didn't answer and continued to groan in pain.

"Talk to me, banner." Tony said, as we watch the sleeve of Bruce's shirt burn off. "I'm okay. I'm okay." Bruce nodded. Bruce groaned in pain loudly as he raised his hands in the air snapping his fingers. The gauntlet then fell off of Bruce's arm as he fell to the ground.

"Bruce!" Steve yelled as we all ran over to him, while Clint kicked the gauntlet across the room. "Don't move him." Tony said. He moved his hand over Bruce's burnt arm as a mist covered his arm. The metal walls then opened.

"Did it work?" Bruce asked. "We're not sure. It's okay." Thor said. I looked up and watched as Scott walked over to the windows. Then Clint's phone started to vibrate. He walked over to his phone and picked it up.

"Honey." He said, as he answered the phone, causing all of us to look over at him. "Honey." He repeated. "Guys...I think it worked." Scott said, as he looked out the window. I looked back down at Bruce who was looking up at the skyroof with wide eyes. I looked up and saw a ship floating above the compound. "Shit." I muttered. As the ship shot something at the building causing it to collapse.

Word Count: 1078