Chapter Twenty

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

    21 days. That's how long it's been since I lost the love of my life and my sister. I'm rereading the book Steve gave me for the 7th time, while Pepper makes dinner. She doesn't show it but she's upset about the fact she doesn't know what happened to Tony.

    I mean I guess I'd rather not know what happened to the man I love then have him turn to literal dust in your hands. "Here." Pepper said, handing me a cup of hot tea. "Thanks." I said, with a small sad smile. "I heard it helps you relax." She smiled. "Yeah. Although it hasn't been helping lately." I laughed dryly. We then heard a loud noise from outside. We looked out the window and saw a ship being flown down by something glowing.

    We got up and ran outside, running into Natasha, Rocket, Rhodes, Bruce, and Steve on the way. As the ship landed in front of the seven of us, the glowing figure slowly dimmed and revealed a woman. She let go of the ship and turned to look at us. We all had confused looks until the back of the ship opened. Steve ran over to help some woman that was blue carry Tony off the ship.

    "Couldn't stop him." Tony said, as Steve helped him walk over to the rest of us. "Neither could I." Steve said. They stopped walking and said something that the rest of us couldn't hear. Pepper ran over to Tony, as her eyes started to water. She pulled him into a hug as she cried.

    I watched as Rocket walked over to the blue woman and sat with her on the stairs of the ship. I looked back over at Pepper and Tony and saw him kiss her cheek. I hate myself for wishing it was me and Bucky running instead of her and Tony. "You okay?" Steve asked. "Yeah." I said, with a fake smile. "Y/n, I know you miss him." He said. "Yeah, I do. And I hate myself at the moment because I wish it wasn't Pepper and Tony reuniting. I wish it was me and-" I cut myself by take a deep breath to stop the tears that were about to fall. "Oh, N/n." Steve whispered pulling me into a hug.

***

    It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodes started as we were all gathered in the meeting room. There was a hologram of the Earth and a photo of each person that vanished after the snap. I closed my eyes and looked away when I saw Bucky's photo. "World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working...are trying to take a census and it looks like he did...He did exactly what he said he was gonna do. Thanos wiped out...50% of all living creatures." Natasha said.

    Thor was sitting off to the side looking down at the ground in disappointment. "Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked. "We don't know. He just opened a portal and walked through." Steve answered, earning a sigh from Tony.

    "What's wrong with him?" Tony asked, pointing over at Thor. "Oh, he's pissed. He thinks he failed. Which of course, he did, but you know there's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" Rocket asked, causing Tony to look over at him in shock. "Honestly, until this exact second I thought you were a Build-A-Bear." Tony said. "Maybe I am." Rocket shrugged.