Chapter 37

Hey y'all, merry Christmas! So this chapter 5,310 words.  Please enjoy!!

Ty Pov

The incident.

Lloyd, Grace, Demrest friend, and I are frantically cleaning my house.Xavier and Demrest are asleep in the guess room. Ugh. My Dad and his girlfriend land in 1 hour. I have to go get them from the airport. Cups, paper plates, and trash are everywhere. The house reeks of alcohol and vomit. Im gonna die. I run through the living room with Grace following behind me, hold a white plastic bag. I toss trash in the bag as I see it. It's like every time I think I got it all, there is more to be got. I hate it. I shouldn't have done this. My phone rings.

Fuck.

2 weeks before.,.

It's been a few weeks since I fought Demrest. I've come to realize she was just hurting. I talked to Abigail about it. Now Abigail picks me and her up. We go back to our house and do homework. Sometimes she spends the night. The only downside is sometimes Demrest has practice or a game and we stay to warch her play. I don't mind, but sometimes I just want to go home. It's usually okay though because Lloyd or Grace  always stays with me or take me home. It's whatever most of the time.

I be chilling. I've learned so much about Demrest in the process though. I told myself I've got to be nice to her, because it'll be like this having a little brother. We haven't had any incidents lately anyway. Except one, she was cranky, I was cranky, had just woke up. It was a shit show. We made it though.

Demrest and I were in the living room feet to feet watching some dumb ass show that I had no interest in. I would rather be reading. Dad walked in with Abigail. Abigail looked rough. Ooo. I sat up. "Ty Abigails dad is sick and we're going to go visit him in a couple of weeks. Demrest is going to stay here. You're in charge. We'll be gone Thursday through Sunday. I'll give you some more details as we get closer." I nodded. I hope her daddy okay. Why Demrest ain't going? Probably got different daddies. Abigail looked at Demrest. She nodded too. "Wait is moma going?" Abigail nodded. "Yes. She's leaving in a week, so you'll be staying with us for a while. This is news to me, but I guess.

The next day at school, I inform my pose of the future events. We all agree it's kinda sad, but Grace has a plan. I'm gonna throw a party. Demrest isn't in on it just yet, but I know she'll be down. I've never thrown a party and I honestly can't wait. It's gonna be hard to invite people to the party when my dad works at the school.

1 week before...

Demrest got here on Saturday day night. She's actually not that bad. She does seem down though. The party will make her feel better. I hope this old dude don't die. I wonder if she knew him for real.

Grace has been the main orchestrator of the whole party. She decided we're gonna charge to get in the party. I would have never thought. A fun time and a come up. Nice. She bought the liquor, I still don't know how. I don't ask. She's been hiding it all in her trunk. Her dad never checks there. She said she's gonna wait to buy weed. I don't even smoke, but I guess. She said all she has to get now is food and plates and cups. I think I'm just gonna order pizza. I'm not a cook.

We all sat down at the lunch table together. Lloyd is stressed about a test. I tell him that he's gonna pass and there's nothing to stress about. Xavier failed the same test Lloyd is talking about earlier today. He don't care though. Grace is excited for the party. Of course. I'm scared for Abigail dad. Dad making it seem like he might not make it. I would hate for her to go through that. At Least she won't be alone.

I walked down to dads office, I hope he ready to go. His door was closed. I have to wait. Ugh. I slide down the wall. I play games on my phone until Demrest comes down the hall. Finally someone to talk to. She looks at the door, then looks at. She slides down the wall and sits next to me. I glance up at her and nod. She nods back. We both laugh. I asked how she's doing. She shrugged her shoulders. I debate if I should say something else. Just as I'm about to talk she spills the beans. "Ty I'm stressed. I'm almost on academic probation because of Spanish. I pretty sure I failed the test today. If I my grades drop below a certain points I'm gonna have to get a paper signed by a guardian. Abigail, Andre, or Kimberly ain't going for that. Also I'm scared Abigail daddy gone die. We don't share a dad, but that's gonna kill Abigail. It's gonna be sad. Our mom gonna be sad. Everyone just gone be sad and I can't take that." She released a breath. I'm glad she got that off her chest. She ain't really got nobody. I put my hand on her back. She put her head between her knees. Whew.