Chapter 11

Before you read, this chapter a kinda unrealistic, but somebody asked for it, so I did it. Sorry in advance. Hope you enjoy the read.

Today is a good day. I can feel it. I'm walking down the hall with Grace and Xavier. This one of the 2 classes we have together. We go I and sit in our regular seats. The bell rings. Mr.Coleman gets up from her desk and starts talking. I'm half listening. She's boring. I guess my lack of attention is showing because he sure nuff called my name. "Ms. Johnson, pay attention or leave. This is the 3rd time this week I've had to talk to you. Maybe we need to take a trip downstairs." He goes back to teaching. I hate this class. I sit up and look ahead. The rest of the class trailed by slowly. He spoke to me one more time. I'm surprised he didn't give me detention.

I go to lunch and sit with Lloyd, Grace, and Xavier. Grace teases Lloyd and I the whole lunch. We're still not dating. I don't know if not dating because I'm waiting or because of Dad. Probably dad. We laugh the whole time. At some point Lloyd put his hand on my thigh. I look down at it and at him, but I don't say anything. I'm sorta alarmed, but I just look at Grace and keep talking.

The day ends and I go downstairs and wait for dad there. He came out, but he ain't look good. He looked sick or some. "Dad? You good?" He looked at me and nodded. "Yea, just tired. I'm not feeling it." I shrugged. I understand. On the way home we stop at my favorite wing spot. I havet been her a little while. When I walk in I see the cashier. It's the same one I went off on last time I was here. I got to the front of the line and looked at her. She's actually really pretty. Dad thinks so too. Before I order I lean in. "Hey, I don't know if you remember me, but I said some really mean things to you. I'm sorry for that. I didn't mean too. I just got upset." She smiled at me. "It's okay. What will you have?" I looked the menu like I just don't order the same thing from here all the time. "Uh 15 piece, lemon pepper combo, and ranch please." She nodded and typed it in. I stepped aside. Then dad went and paid. I see him slip something to her. We get our food and leave. While in the car we talk and laugh about the day. When we get home, we go straight to the table and sit in silence. We eating. I almost forgot. "Sooo, dad. What did you give that lady and the wing place?" He smirked at me. "Wouldn't you like to know." I smacked my teeth. "What did you give her?" I whined. "Uh grown folks stuff." I roll my eyes. "You gave her your number." I stated with confidence. He just looked at me, so I kept talking. "Who said you could have a girl friend? If I can't have a boyfriend, you can't have a girlfriend." He looked at me and laughed. "Girl I'm grown. Grown as hell. If you think you'll have a boyfriend any time soon. You are sadly mistaken." He was laughing but I knew he was serious. I just sit back in my seat and keep eating. After we at, we did however start on school work. He had some things to do as well as I. I finished pretty early and now I was board. Dad was on his computer. I tried to climb in between him and the table. He was not having it. "These are confidential files and you can not see them. I huffed. "I'm bored and I have nothing else to do." He looked up at me. "Should have thought about that before you stole." I pouted and turned away. Whatever. I stormed off and went to the living room. I stared at the pictures on the wall until Dad came in there. He turned the tv on. I'm not allowed to watch tv because I'm still on punishment. He turns on the movie channel and grabs a blanket from the box. I turn to leave the living room, but he grabs my hand. "You can stay." I shout internally. I was so bored. I plop back down on the couch. We lay on opposite ends and share one blanket. The movie playing is little rascals. I've seen this movie a 100 times, but it's better than being in my room. We sit in silence and laugh appropriately. Dad starts to tickle my toes with his toes. We stop paying attention and start playing footsie. I end up kicking him and he rolls off the couch and onto the floor. Uh oh. I get up and run up the steps. I look back. He is right behind me. Ahhh. I run into his room because I still don't have a door. He bangs on the door. I lock it. "Open the door!" I scream. "Never!" He stops banging. I'm concerned. The door swings open and I shriek. I try to run away, but I really just throw myself on the floor. He grabs my sides and begins to tickle me. I scream. Again. "Thought you could get away huh?" I laughed. I can't get any works out. "S-ha-staawwp. P-please." He kept going. "PLEASE!" I can't even breath any more. He pulls away and sits back against his bed breathing hard. I lay there. Breathless. We both just sit there and laugh. He stands up and goes downstairs. I get up and follow. He starts fixing the couch we messed up. I figure I should help him. I pick up cushions and start to fold the blanket we used. He went in the kitchen and wipe down the counter. I flip the tv off and wait for him by the steps. He head upstairs. When we get to the top. He hugs me, says goodnight, and I go to lay in my bed. These are nights I will never forget.