Chapter 24

Ty POV

Day 23 of Quarantine

Dad wasn't kidding. I've been in this stupid ass house with him and Abigail for TWO DAYS! Two! It's beyond boring. I've been in my room all day. Someone just knocked on the front door, probably Abigail. *Rolls eyes* i refuse to leave my bed. While I'm watching Tv on my phone somebody bust in my room. Ugh. I roll over to see Antrez.

I have never been more happy to see him.

I jump out my bed and on him. He laughs. "I was just finna say, wake yo ass up." He put me on the ground. He takes a seat in the chair in my room. He closes my door. He leans in. I'm just standing, waiting for him to talk. "I promise I won't tell Andre. Did you smoke or nah?" I pushed him and rolled my eyes. "No Uncle Antrez." He laughed. "Just making sure. You gotta show me these new friends of yours." I laughed to myself. "If I could I would. Dad says I'm not going outside for a while. Whatever that means."

Dad comes in my room. "It means you're not going out there til I say so." He closes my door. Antrez rolled his eyes. "Baby I gotchu." He winked at me. Weirdo. I laughed. Antrez and I talked for a while before there was another knock on the door. Antrez and I went to open it. Abigail was in the living room. Dad was making lunch. Antrez swung the door open. It was Anthony and Nana. I got so excited and hugged Nana. I feel like I haven't seen her in forever. Nana had on gloves and a mask. I think it's a bit much if you ask me, but ima let her do her. I then moved to Anthony. He picked me up and swung me around. "Ooo Ty. You getting a little heavy." Dad turned around quicker than I could get a word out. "Because all her ass do is eat because she claims she be bored." Antrez laughed. Nana threw something at him. I didn't see. "Watch your mouth. And she's fine. Ain't nun wrong with a few extra pounds." I smiled. I love her.

Nana walked into the livingroom to sit down. Somebody else knocked on the door. Who is it now? I secretly hope it's Grace, Xavier, or Lloyd. Antrez and Anthony go to open the door. Anthony called me to the door. Nana started talking to Abigail. I swear I heard my name. I tried to listen to there conversation. Antrez grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door. Anthony followed behind us. I was laughing when I stepped out. I didn't even notice Kaye. I had forgotten all about the person at the door.

Kaye looked nervous. I was just-a smiling. "Kaye!" I lunged at her and hugged her. I don't think she was ready, she didn't hug me back. "Kaye these are my uncles. Antrez and Anthony." I pointed to them. She waved. They waved back. I turned to Antrez. "This is one of my new neighborhood friends. Well she actually the original." Antrez nodded. I turned back to Kaye. "So what's up sis?" She smiled at me. "Nothing girl. I was just checking on you. I wanted to come yesterday, but I figured you'd be mad. Plus you didn't come outside. So we though you didnt wanna, you know hang out with us. We really like you, well I do. I know Geffrey does. Somebody to go along with his dumb plans." I cut her off with a laugh. She glared at me. "It's not to funny now is it? But girl I'm fine. I'm just on punishment til my dad says I can come outside again. He was real upset. But it's straight, I promise." I hugged her again. This time she hugged back.

I kinda hate that Anthony and Antrez are just standing there like by bodyguards or something. Kaye and I talked outside for a while before she claimed she had to go. We said our goodbyes and she left. Antrez, Anthony, and I were about to go in when we heard nana fussing. We decided to go sit on the back of his truck instead. Antrez was awefully quiet. "Uncle Antrez, are you okay?" He nodded. He didn't look to well either. Anthony spoke for him. "Allergies and all this damn pollen." Oh. "Well we can go back in the house." Antrez nodded. He hopped off the car and turned to catch me before I hopped off. Anthony got in front of me and hopped on Antrez. I laughed and slid out the truck. I closed the back door. Antrez carried Anthony like he was a baby all the way into the house.