Chapter 1

"There are hundreds of me's inside of Me" _____

inside of Me"
_____

Taehyung

"Taehyung... Even if you don't want to talk about the matter, you've to come with us. What's the big deal over getting a normal checkup?" my mother said politely, sitting beside me on my bed.

"A normal checkup? How old am I again? Five?" I blurted out, followed by a faint chuckle of disappointment and disgust.

"Tsk... Just look at your ungrateful lad running his mouth in front of us who are trying their best to fix his body!" my dad shouted as he entered the room.

"Are you expecting me to be grateful for forcing me to undergo something I don't want to? Oh well, thanks dad for curbing my rights on my own body!"

"Don't talk to your dad like that Taehy-"

"Tell this to your husband instead!"

"Mind your language Kim Taehyung!" my dad growled, staring at me with a look of hatred.

"Tae... We decided to leave the matter until you turned eighteen just because you weren't ready to talk about it back then... You're turning 20 this year. Until when do you think you can avoid the matter? You'll have to face it today or tomorrow. You don't have a choice!"

"I said we will 'talk' and not that I 'will' undergo that surgery. I see no discussion going on here, mom! It's just you two enforcing your opinions on me!"

"Don't you wanna get rid of the monthly pains and all those odd changes that don't even belong to you?" My mom shook my shoulders, her tear filled eyes staring directly into mine.

With an irritated sigh, I said with a finality in my voice, "This body and everything related to it belongs to me. And I do not agree to change it! Is it that hard to understand?"

"Here he goes with the bullshit again.." my dad muttered the sentence, then continuing in a louder voice, "Who do you think will marry a boy like you? God gave us only one kid and that also with such abnormalities... And now that we have the option to correct it, your uncooperative behaviour is just another burden on our shoulders, Taehyung."

"Is marriage the only point of concern here? Well... I'm not even surprised anymore, dad. If you think you can trick a girl into having a relationship with me, hear me out clearly... I'm never letting this happen!"

"ENOUGH TAEHYUNG! DARE NOT UTTER ANO-"

"A surgery can't change my preferences,dad! If you can fix my brain, then go ahead!"

After that, I stomped out of the room, slamming the door behind my parents as a lonely tear trinkled down my face.

It would be an understatement to say that last night's conversation had left my mind devastated. My body felt equally heavy and tired.