A Ruler?

"I knew you were in trouble when you walked in

when you walked in."
_____

Taehyung

"Your notebooks on my table, now!"

"Yes sir..."

With heads hung down low, we turned back to our benches to get our notebooks. The teacher walked towards his chair and sat down with his legs crossed, eyes stuck on the wall in front and arms crossed across his chest.

Not to make him angrier, we rushed to stand across him without an eye contact. Jungkook was quick to notice that the table was still lying toppled over to my left, so he picked it up and placed in front of the teacher.

A moment of silence followed by an unpleasantly calm sigh made me jump anxiously on the inside. If it was not for Jungkook picking up the fight, I would've finished the homework. Nothing would've happened in the first place. A wave of guilt blended with anger went through my head.

From the corner of my eyes, I scanned the taller male's face beside me, whose composure hadn't crumbled a bit. He held a record in piling up his maths homework till the very end, so it was no big deal for him.

"Do I have to repeat my words?" I flinched unnoticeably at his daunting voice while on the other hand, Jungkook kept his notebook in front of the teacher calmly. Being the best male athlete of our school, he knew how to handle stressful situations well.

Unfolding his arms, he set his elbows onto the table a few inches apart and caged the notebook in between. He turned the pages with one hand and surprisingly, Jungkook had done a lot more work than I expected. The main work he was looking for wasn't there nonetheless.

Sliding the notebook roughly towards Jungkook, he waited for mine to be kept there. I placed it on the table with shaking hands. I was so scared that even the slightest amount of saliva was impossible to be forced down my parched throat.

It was unusual for me to come to the school without finishing the assignments. Perhaps that was the reason why Mr. Song was flipping the pages of my notebook rather gently.

But it was only until he reached the last written sheet, realising that I hadn't done the sums either.

It was something pretty unexpected for the teacher to see, infuriating him beyond limits. He picked it up and slammed it onto the table in front of me. I again flinched at the harshness, eyes tearing up simultaneously as I tried to keep a straight face.

He rested his back on the chair, delving in his side pocket to look for his mobile phone and proceeded to dial a number.

"Yeah, I need you to come to the class right now.... Yes, yes."

It was confirmed that we weren't being taken to the principal's office. I exhaled out in relief while Jungkook stood there in the same position like a statue with an unreadable face. Except the bully part, he was definitely more mature and compost than an average high schooler.