Imprisoned

A/N: Hi everyone! As mentioned in the description, this is my first-ever published work (and it isn't beta-read), so it probably has plenty of little mistakes. I'd greatly appreciate any kind of feedback (but no hate comments, got it?). And maybe suggestions for a better title. Anyways, (hopefully) enjoy!

Edit (20/7/22): Now going through all my works and re-editing. I've also started posting them on AO3! Also, I removed the image because that's probably a bit too spoiler-y.

Warning: Boboiboy Movie 2 spoilers.

***

"Gamma Drain!"

As Retak'ka forcefully extracted the light power, Solar screamed like he had never screamed before. It was impossible not to when all his life he had never felt anything as painful, as excruciating as this; it felt even worse than the time he was thrown into space - like white-hot metal all over his body.

No! Stop! You don't have the right to do this!

His powers were steadily draining out of him, faster by the minute. His fingers twitched as if trying to grab them, although he knew it was futile.

Give them back... I still need to protect my family...

There was only a tiny spark of power left in him now. It was terrifying to him because he had never felt so weak, but at the same time... he was relieved. It meant that his torture was almost over.

Please let it end quickly...

At last, it stopped. Solar felt the chokehold loosen as he was dropped to the floor. The sudden absence of pain had him thanking the stars, even as he felt himself falling down, seemingly past the floor, deep down into the abyss of unconsciousness...

***

... Only to wake again in an unfamiliar place.

Solar blinked slowly as he came to on an icy-cold surface. His body was aching all over, as if he had been thrown through TAPOPS's walls again. (Had he? He couldn't remember.) As he climbed shakily to his feet, he surveyed his surroundings.

He was in a circular room, painted white and yellow from floor to ceiling, but otherwise empty and void of any doors or windows. The familiar colour combination around him should have been comforting, but Solar couldn't stop shivering. He could feel evil hanging in the air, so thick it was almost tangible, almost suffocating him.

It didn't help that light was almost non-existent, either - he had always been afraid of darkness, although he hid it well from his brothers by quickly summoning a light before he panicked. But this time when he snapped his fingers, to his confusion and fear, nothing happened.

Before Solar could try again, a splitting headache struck. As he dropped to his knees on the cold floor, his vision was split in two: the dark, evil room was still visible, but he could also see... TAPOPS station? And four of his brothers?

"Behold... Retak'ka Gamma! Maximum power!"

Retak'ka! The battle! How could he have forgotten?! Why had he been dallying in that room when he was needed elsewhere?

"No!", Solar gasped as his brothers were painfully thrown back - by what he suddenly realized was his own power. Was he the one doing it? "Stop!"

He half watched, half tried to stop himself, as Halilintar, Taufan and Duri were roughly yanked off the ground. (The small voice of logic in his head told him it must be Retak'ka using his powers, not him, but were they not one and the same now?)

"Let... let me go..."

He sobbed as he heard the eldest's weak voice, pleading. Hali never pleaded.

"Keep on wishing, boy! Submit to me..."

Wait. He sucked in a breath. No, no, he didn't want to-!

"My elemental powers!"

Solar screamed in unison with his three brothers. His own pain, still fresh in his mind, resurfaced as he was forced to watch, through the villain's eyes, the horrendous scene of his brothers being drained of their very life force. Their bodies jerked and struggled in Retak'ka's steel grip. The unique details on their clothes ceased to glow. And Solar knew that their eyes, though closed, were slowly dulling.

It was just as bad as experiencing it first-hand - no, it was worse this way, knowing that not only had he been too weak to protect his loved ones, but he was now helping do what he had vowed never to let happen...

He buried his head in his knees and covered his ears in a futile attempt to block it all out. Tears streamed down his cheeks as, finally, the screams stopped and three lifeless bodies were thrown carelessly away, disintegrating into dust.

And as if in answer to his silent prayers, the vision stopped there. Still shaken from what he had witnessed, Solar raised his head... and blinked in surprise at what he saw through his tears. The previously white-and-yellow room was now additionally decorated with red, black, blue and green. And at the center, slowly forming, was...

***

A/N: So, how was it? I originally planned to write it all in one go, but this seemed like a good place to stop. I'll pick up again next time (yes I know the book title is Boboiboy One-shots, but it's my book. I can bend the rules a bit).

Edit (2 days later): ok I just read this again and realized it's way too fast-paced. No wonder so many people drop off halfway through. I'm not sure I can fix much since I lack experience but I did go through the whole thing again.

Lola, signing off!