Pre-birthday Precipitation Debacle

I'm back!! Sorry I haven't posted in so long, but school's very demanding these days. So much homework and revising... This chapter was originally for Boboiboy's birthday (happy belated birthday, I guess?) but I couldn't finish it in time because of the aforementioned reasons, so here we are. Better late than never, right?

Btw, for storytelling purposes, let's just assume for this one-shot that the Ori trio's birthday is the same as Boboiboy's birthday. Ok? Ok.

***

"Are you sure you guys can't come with us?" Duri begged again as a portal to Earth opened up behind him.

As the siblings began to file through the portal, Ochobot sighed and prepared to repeat himself for the umpteenth time.

"I wish we could, Duri, but we're still needed here at TAPOPS," He said apologetically, and Duri pouted, "Hey, don't give me that look; it's not my fault. And I promise we'll be there tomorrow for the party."

He nodded to Taufan, who was waiting by the portal with Blaze. Taufan grinned back.

When Duri still looked put out, Ochobot added wryly, "And unlike the lot of you, I actually keep my promises."

Alright, bad call - now there were three pouting boys.

"That was years ago, Ochobot!" Taufan whined.

Ochobot merely sighed in fond exasperation and shooed the troublemakers through the portal. They exchanged one last round of goodbyes before the gateway closed, and Ochobot hovered off.

***

"Ah, there you all are!" Tok Aba exclaimed from behind the counter of the Kokotiam when he caught sight of them, "I was starting to get worried!"

"Good afternoon, Tok." Gempa greeted for them when they reached the stall. It was empty at the moment, so Tok Aba could talk to them freely.

"Afternoon to you too, Gempa. My, how you've all grown! Are you sure it's only been two months?" Tok Aba chuckled at the faint blush painting most of his grandsons' faces, "And it's a bit early, but happy birthday, you three!"

"Thanks, Tok!" Taufan grinned widely, "I can't wait for the party tomorrow!"

"I know, right?!" Blaze said enthusiastically, "It's been so long since we last saw everyone!"

Solar cleared his throat, "Speaking of the party, we should start setting everything up."

"Ah, of course," Tok Aba pulled off his apron and turned to the triplets, "You three stay here and watch the Kokotaim. Your brothers and I have a party to plan, and we can't have you seeing everything!"

"Of course, Tok!" Gempa hastily replied before Taufan could start whining about suspense. Halilintar silently handed them both aprons and then pulled one on.

"And no peeking, you hear?" Blaze demanded before he left.

"No peeking, I promise." Gempa sent a warning glare at his elder brothers, one of whom was already bouncing on his feet impatiently, and the other of whom looked like he was about to argue just for the sake of it.

Blaze still cast a suspicious gaze at the pair before he turned and followed the others down the path.

***

Two hours later, the Kokotiam was bustling with activity as the school day came to a close. Halilintar zipped from table to table, writing down orders so quickly his hand blurred and delivering goods to the customers. At the counter, Gempa stirred cups of hot cocoa and carefully cut slices of chocolate cake before passing them on to Taufan, who added copious amounts of whipped cream and frosting amongst various other toppings. They worked together seamlessly, with the ease born from long practice.