Mind Games (Part 3)

A/N: And here's part 3, aka the part where I discovered the pains of making everything sound natural while dropping minor hints. Have fun finding them though :))

***

Ice jerked back with a surprised yell. At the same time, Taufan and Yaya descended on them with chips flying through the air.

One chip drew everyone's eyes as it landed on Ice's neck.

"Gopal!" Solar shouted frantically, "Powers, now!"

"Food transformation!"

An ice wall appeared and promptly turned into hard candy, but the chip on Ice's neck remained untouched.

Blaze cursed and leapt out of the path of an icy arrow, "They were planning to ambush us!"

"As if I didn't know that already," Solar snapped as he teleported away from Yaya's punch, "We need to get to the spaceship!"

"But - Ice -" Blaze knew it was foolish, but he didn't want to leave his twin.

"Blaze, the only way to save him is at the source- Duri, look out!"

Duri cried out. Despite the danger, Blaze whipped around to see the younger boy on his knees, a hand on the side of his neck as one of Gopal's shots sailed just over his head.

The next moment, thorny vines were shooting towards Solar. Blaze knew Solar couldn't defend himself against them - after all, sunlight only made plants grow stronger - and was just about to burn them down when he felt something hit the back of his neck, the force making him stumble forward.

The next second his mind went blank, except for one voice, repeating itself over and over again, "Subdue all TAPOPS members... Subdue all TAPOPS members... Subdue all-"

"Food transformation!"

Suddenly, the voice disappeared. Blaze shook his head, disorientated, and then became aware of something sticking to the back of his neck. Reaching back, he discovered a piece of chewing gum.

"Thanks, Gopal!" Blaze had time to yell before he saw Solar leap at him. The first thought that entered his mind was that Solar had been hit too, and he readied a fireball - but then he realized that his brother's face was determined, not blank.

Solar grabbed his arm and reached for Gopal's. Before either of them could question him, he yanked them into the hallway, somehow managing to avoid all attacks, and shouted, "Solar Leap!"

And all three of them found themselves briefly at an intersection, and then at the end of another hallway. As soon as Solar released their arms, Gopal keeled over, panting and frantically fanning himself.

"Side effect?" Blaze raised an eyebrow at the larger boy.

"Yeah," Solar pulled Gopal back up and dragged him down empty hallways towards the hangars as quickly as possible, Blaze following, "You and I can both withstand heat, so we were fine. It should wear off for him in a moment."

They ran in silence for a moment before Gopal spoke up.

"Ice and Duri were our defenders. So... what do we do now?"

Solar and Blaze both tensed at the mention of their respective twins' predicament.

"We'll have to improvise," Solar said heavily, "I left the tablet behind too, so we're going in blind. Our best bet is to find the surveillance room - from what I remember, it's a floor up from the entrance - and try to find the computer through the camera feeds."

"Sounds easy enough," Blaze commented lightly, mostly to distract himself from the gravity of the situation. 

"Meanwhile, Gopal, transform as many chips as you can. Blaze and I will do the fighting."