Chapter 1-A Normal Day

Beep! Beep! Beep!
Kris slowly opened their eyes. The beeping sound continued, cutting through the silence like a knife. Kris rolled over, their alarm clock beeped in their face. They reached over and sleepily slapped it, knocking it off the table and turning it off. Kris yawned. What time was it...? Kris looked at the alarm clock on the floor, 8:00...8:00?! Kris leaped out of bed and dashed of the closet. They were gonna be late.....again! They quickly threw on their main outfit, a green sweater with a single yellow stripe and brown pants. Kris quickly jogged down the hall and burst into the Kitchen. Toriel, their mother, was standing at the kitchen bench, making something. She turned in surprise as Kris rushed in. "I'm gonna be late!" Kris yelled. Toriel burst into laughter. "There's no school today silly." Toriel giggled. Kris immediately looked embarrassed. "Oh..." they said. Toriel chuckled. "Well, now that you're awake, would you like some breakfast?" She asked. Kris nodded and sat down at the table. A few minutes later, Toriel placed a plate in front of them. The plate had some bacon, eggs and a banana on it. Kris tucked in without questioning, this was normal, after all. After breakfast. Toriel stood up "Well, I have errands to run, do you mind staying at home for a couple hours?" Toriel asked. Kris nodded, the suddenly realised something. "Wheres Asriel?" They said, looking at Toriel. "He went with some friends." She said. "So it's just you, okay?" The goat woman said, ruffling Kris's hair. Kris nodded. "Bye sweetie, I love you!" Toriel called as she left. Kris waved back as the door closed. Home alone for a couple hours? Awesome!