Chapter 13-Investigation

Susie was pressed against the wall, holding in her breath. Cops were swarming everywhere, making it hard to get in undetected. She had been waiting for what seemed like years for them to leave, and she wasn't sure how much longer she could stand there for. At long last, it looked like the cops were leaving. Susie inched forward, ready to dash inside when...
"Hey Susie! What are you doing?"
Susie whipped around to see Noelle waving at here. Noelle started walking towards where Susie stood. "What's going on? Is everything okay?" She said. Susie's heart raced "Uhhhhh yeah! Everything's okay!" Susie hated to leave Noelle out of the loop but didn't want to upset her by telling her the news about Kris. "Why are you hiding here for?" Noelle asked, tilting her head. "Well....I....uhhh" Susie began to internally panic, she had to think of an excuse before Noelle got suspicious. "I'm, just playing hide n seek with Kris". Susie internally cringed at the excuse, god that was so bad, why was she so bad at this? "Oh! Sounds fun! Can I play?" Noelle's response just made Susie cringe harder "Uhhh, sorry Noelle, we're in the middle of a game, maybe come back later when we're done and then you can play". "Okay! I'll see you later I guess Susie" Noelle said as she turned and left. Susie breathed a sigh of relief. That was close, now back to the task. The cops had left, making it easy for Noelle to just slip inside. Nothing was out of the ordinary, everything looked exactly the same as the last time Susie was here. She began to poke around, looking for things that could potentially give clues, if the police hadn't already carted them off. Susie noticed a new book on the shelf, and went over to look at it. It was a book about teleportation. To anyone it would of been standard but to Susie this was a breakthrough. Kris had been known to play pranks, what if this was part of it? What if Kris had tried to play a prank but failed? The police clearly didn't take that possibility into account. Susie grabbed the book and ran out, time to show Ralsei what she'd found.