Chapter 19-Goodbye

Kris darted through the halls, they couldn't leave without Deimos, but it was so dark. Oh well, if they were confused, the enemy would be too. Shouts echoed and bounced off the walls as Kris scanned the area. No sign of Deimos..... a gunshot thundered out and a sharp pain shot through Kris's leg. They cried out in pain as they hit the ground. Footsteps approached, voices yelled "we gottem!" Kris dragged themselves away from the commotion and ducked into an empty room. They bit their lip to stop themselves from moaning in agony. Was this it? Was this where they were gonna die? No, no. They would not die here, they would survive. They had friends waiting for them at home. They couldn't die here. Deimos was counting on them, and the other three were probably worried. A powerful feeling pulses through Kris. They were not gonna die. They felt determined

You are filled with the power of determination

Kris could feel themselves....changing. They looked down and even though the room was dim, a faint light was radiating off them.Their skin was turning blue, and their yellow sweater was becoming knight's armour. Kris recognised the outfit at once. It was their Dark World form. But....how? Was it the determination? Were they so determined that they were transforming? Now wasn't the time for questions, it was time to fight. It was time to act. Kris felt around and their fingers wrapped around their sword. They clutched the weapon tightly and charged out of the room. They instantly ran into an agent and with one swing, sliced open his stomach. Kris didn't look back, just ran. They swung their sword at random, killing whoever was near. Nothing mattered anymore. They needed to get out. Kris reached the end of a long corridor and hit a door. They kicked it down and saw two dark shapes inside. They grabbed the nearest one and pinned them to the ground. "Woah there partner! W-we can talk this out!" yelled the voice. Kris didn't react, instead held their sword to the victim's throat, preparing for a kill. "Wait! I have your friend! He's right over there! What's his name...Deimos! Yeah"He cried. Kris let go immediately and looked over at the other person in the room, they appeared to be slumped over, unconscious. Kris stood up and ran over to them. They looked like they were sitting in a chair, Kris reached out and touched the armrests, and was met with the rough feeling of ropes. They slashed the ropes and grabbed Deimos. Slinging them over their shoulder, Kris left the room. They didn't have time to kill the cowboy, they needed to get out. They had to move slower because of their buddy, but they were still killing agents left and right. Kris felt Deimos stir and then they heard him speak "K-Kris? That you?" He said. "Yeah" was all Kris replied with. They were close to the exit now, and suddenly there were gunshots again. And voices. Familiar voices. Deimos lifted his head up slightly "Sanford?" He called. Another voice shouted back "Deimos! Hold on I'm coming!". Kris picked up the pace and rounded a corner. A bright light shone in their face, making them wince. When they looked over, they saw Hank, Doc and Sanford standing in a group, armed with weapons and holding a torch. They were staring in shock, at first Kris was confused, and then they remembered. "Kris? What happened to you?" Doc said. "Determination" Kris replied. Sanford rushed forward and gently grabbed Deimos "oh thank god, he's alive!" Sanford cried. "Thanks for all of this Kris, I'm....sorry for treating you poorly, I'm just...not that great with strangers". Kris nodded and gave a small smile, a silent sign of forgiveness. "Well then, now that we're-" a loud crack rang through the air. Kris whipped around to see a portal opening. The rest of the gang moved forward, brandishing their weapons but Kris recognised the voices coming from inside the portal. "This one better of fucking worked, otherwise I'm gonna lose my mind" "calm down Susie, we'll find them eventually". Kris walked towards the portal. Their friends were on the other side, this way their way home. "What are you doing!?" Sanford yelled. Kris turned around. "I'm going home, I recognise those people, they're my friends" they said. "I mean-you guys are my friends too, but those guys are my friends from home". There was a thick silence in the air. Finally, Hank spoke "goodbye, then" was all he said.
Kris nodded in return and walked into the portal, returning home.

Author's Note:Sorry if this chapter was kinda boring, I was gonna involve the Auditor and Sheriff more but I've lost all motivation I originally had for this book