03. You know, girl-girl

*****

*****

"Z-Ziah."

Her whisper fell on the eerie silence and Marwan just looked at her for a few seconds like a creep.

Why? He himself had no idea.

Composing his stance before he could make a fool of himself, he cleared his throat and looked away.

What was he doing?!

"Ziah, nice name. So, Indian?"

The one called out to gave a soft nod and he slumped down on the ground to get more comfortable. Sitting crossed legged on the floor, he gave her a wide smile.

"Great, precisely from where?"

Ziah looked at him cautiously for a while, her eyes displaying the conflict that her mind was going through and Marwan found himself questioning about what was so wrong with the question.

"K-kyu?"

He heard her hesitant question and frowned at the tremor in her tone.

His eyes met Daiyan and Aliya's and the two looked as clueless as him and even a little alarmed. Had she been through something bad before being abducted to Turkey?

"Aise hi. You know, just to try and contact your family and to assure them that you are safe and unharmed."

Aliya tried to ease her worries by her words but the stiffness in Ziah's posture just increased. Aliya bit her lips, regretting speaking and sighed before walking up to the slightly trembling girl.

"Ziah, kuch nahi hoga tumhe. We will not leave you in unsafe hands. Not here, neither in India. Sorry for being blunt here, but are you an orphan?"

Marwan and Daiyan simultaneously glared at the brunette but she disregarded their looks and focused solely on the girl in front of her. She needed to win her trust to share the sense of comfort because until that didn't happen, Ziah would not be able to open up.

Aliya could sense the sorrow around the petite female and for once, she had the strong urge to hug her tight but seeing the circumstances, she didn't think that Ziah would appreciate it, so she remained where she was and tried soothing her with her soft gaze and an assuring smile.

Ziah's eyes met the man that was still sitting on the floor but the difference was that his smile was replaced by a scowl. She then looked back at Aliya and gave a small nod, before blinking her eyes to stop the unwanted tears from falling.