12. Tears of a stranger

*****

*****

Marwan never knew a fear as strong as what he felt at that
moment. The call was cut in seconds and Marwan had stood there, not knowing what to say or do but the small pat on his shoulder had shook him out of his reverie and he looked at Ziah who was staring at him with concern.

"Sab theek toh hai na?"

Her whisper came out with a hesitant tone and Marwan gulped as to not scream in agitation. His hard gaze looked directly ahead as he shook his head in negative and mutely clutched Ziah's wrist.

Ziah remained silent as she let Marwan lead her to his car. Seeing the look of pure horror on his face, his skin suddenly looking paler than normal, the look in his eyes that resembled vulnerability but the emotion was overpowered by an intense look of ruthlessness had scared Ziah to the core but she knew something had happened for him to turn so cold.

"D-Daiyan and Parizad got into an accident."

He dropped the bomb with a small voice as he started the car. Ziah stilled on her seat as her head whipped to look at him with wide eyes that resembled nothing but disbelief and panic.

Marwan kept his gaze ahead, not looking at her even once throughout the ride. His heart seemed to be racing with worry and anxiousness and he kept taking deep breaths to regulate his temper.

For the first time in ages an anger like nothing had flowed through his veins. Something that promised devastation for the person behind all this. On the outside his cold demeanour put on a protective barrier to stop the heated lava that was erupting in huge waves from surfacing and harming anything in its way.

It was being stored for the person who dared to harm his friend.

Marwan Qureshi liked fun, light hearted conversations and nothing but jokes being thrown around but his anger was worse than his playfulness. If not to exaggerate, his temper reigned like a haze in front of his eyes that the majority of the time blocked his sanity from making an appearance.

Reasons why he always kept his temper in check.

Nearly twenty minutes later, Marwan had parked in front of the hospital where his friend was admitted. He controlled himself from dashing directly inside and quickly got out to open the door for Ziah whose hands were already raised to do the task. He rolled his eyes at her flabbergasted expression and took hold of her palm in his before making a beeline for the hospital entrance.

Thankfully it wasn't too crowded and Marwan was quick to talk to the receptionist who happened to be the same woman who had called him.

"He's in room 240. One of you can visit him while I have to request the other to fill these forms."

She forwarded a stack of papers to the two and Marwan quickly started going through them. Ziah looked at him and then back at the receptionist who was going through the hospital records.